Problems with MP1 client dying after resuming from standby (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have problems with one of my HTPC (HTPC 2 in the system specs). All of a sudden the MP1 client porcess dies when resuming from S3 standby. That never happened before but now it happens for several days. Not always but sometimes.

The only thing I changed recently was to update LAV from 0.69.0 to 0.70.2 in the MP Extension Manager. I can not think about this being the reason of the problem. Also HTPC 1 does not have a problem with this.

From the logs I see errors but I can not interpret them. Some errors show the TV Wishlist plugin. This was installed for a test I think half a year ago and after some 15 minutes deinstalled again. Yet there are errors related to that. Som missing skin files. But those errors must have been there all the time since the deinstallation and should not be the cause. I am still running Windows 10 1703 so this should not be the cause either.

Attached are the logs collected with the Watchdog.

Thanks and cheers

Blue Max

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_28_01_18__18_16 - Client error after wake up from S3 standby.zip
      5.5 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Actually, it looks like MP is crashing when going into standby.

The main log file contains an obvious exception/error right at the end:
    [collapse]
    [2018-01-28 18:01:49,949] [Error ] [PathScanner] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    [2018-01-28 18:01:49,965] [Log ] [PathScanner] [ERROR] - Exception: System.OperationCanceledException: Der Vorgang wurde abgebrochen.
    bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
    bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()
    bei Cornerstone.Extensions.IO.DirectoryInfoExtensions.IsAccessible(DirectoryInfo self)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.UpdateFileSystemWatchers()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ScanAndMonitorPaths()
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() Message: Der Vorgang wurde abgebrochen. Site : Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String) Source : mscorlib Stack Trace: bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
    bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()
    bei Cornerstone.Extensions.IO.DirectoryInfoExtensions.IsAccessible(DirectoryInfo self)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.UpdateFileSystemWatchers()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ScanAndMonitorPaths()
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()[/collapse]

From the "bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.UpdateFileSystemWatchers()" line you could be fairly sure that the problem is something to do with the MovingPictures plugin, and guess that it might be something to do with file system watchers. Therefore I recommend:
    1. To update to the newest version of MovingPictures, AND...
    2. ...if (1) does not help, to reach out for MovingPictures support.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mm,

thank you very much for taking time to analyze this. MovingPictures is up to date, the newest version 1.8.1 is already installed. So I will take your advice and ask for support in the Moving Pictures subforum.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom