problems with powerscheduler and recording (1 Viewer)

jake78

Portal Pro
July 30, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I tried it and it's the same thing, I never had this problem before and I've used PVR Scheduler for several versions now.

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have analysed the didnt_wakeup.log and found the root cause why MP is not waking up. It is the cycle time of Powerscheduler. Powerscheduler is checking every 10 seconds if something regarding to recordings has changed. Here the PC was send to sleep just before MP could set the new wakeup time.

Bavarian

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    ah ok - so if i set a recording, i need to wait at least 10 seconds before suspending. that's not a major burden :D
    wouldn't it make a little more sense tho to trigger powerscheduler's recording checker when mp detects a sleep event? that would fill in this little 10 second hole and avoid some confusion...

any news on the second issue? the wake-up-go-straight-to-sleep-when in suspend but not hibernate one? :p

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    All the last recording I programmed missed the beginning or didn't even started to record. But last night everything went fine. The only thing that changed is that instead of putting my HTPC manually to suspend (pushing the PC button on MCE remote) i let the PowerScheduler suspend my HTPC automatically.

Can you test this EqualRightsForWerewolves ?

I will try some more tests with "Record Everytime on this Channel" which seemed to produce really strange results. E.G. Recording many 00:00 files and trying to record too early.

FLY

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2006
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    any resolutions to this ?

I have latest svn and still see the above problem with both suspend and hibernate. pc doesn't wake up at all.

however, I downloaded a utility listed in some other post to check the suspend modes on a pc and my pc can suspend and wake up fine with that utility (s1 & s3)

manual suspend with power switch, mouse and remote works ok. manual hibernate with power switch works ok.

FLY

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2006
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have solved half of the problem that I had.

when TV (s-video) was secondary monitor and mp was running on it so, it will not wake up.

I made TV primary screen and MP in full screen mode. Now I put the pc in standby mode while in home scree with remoate. PC wakes up and records the shows.

The problem is that it won't go to standby after the recording is over. I find the pc running everymorning.

any ideas ?

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom