Problems with TV Guide showing any data... (1 Viewer)

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello

I successfully enabled WebEPG-conf to work by grabbing a new version which then allowed it to import all of my channels. So far so good.
    I then applied the auto map option and all the channels were then mapped.
    I changed the grab days to 14 and then saved the settings before closing the tool.
    I then manually launched the WebEPG application and allowed it to collect its data...

The data was then gathered so I ensured that the plugin was activated and checked the path within the TV Server settings...

Regardless on whether I try and force an import or not (the information to show when the last import session was done etc never changes even though I press the button to manually do it and wait) this is what I see when I look at the TV guide within MP....

I thought that was doing pretty good up to that point but alas I can't seem to get it to show any listings. What am I doing wrong..?

I have compressed the webEPG log for you to look at, as it is much smaller that way.

Thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• webEPG.rar
      30.6 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In the TV Server settings you also need to complete the mappings tab (and don't forget to press SAVE).
    And you should disable "Import tvguide.lst" if you only have one xml file to import.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help :)

I have completed the channel mapping...

and now note this when importing the channels...

however my TV Guide is still not showing any data at all after a WebEPG update.

The log is attached.

as the log shows that the no grabber ID might be my problem (?) I would have thought that by mapping the TV channels it should be resolved..?

Attachments

• webEPG.rar
      30.6 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, I mean xmltv mapping. Not TV Mapping :)
    TV Server configuration / Plugins / XmlTv / Mappings tab

"Total programs imported" should be more than 0 when it's working correctly.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    Last night desperate times called for desperate measures and so I totally un-installed the entire MP and server. I cleaned up the registry and deleted every bit of the remnants left. I then installed afresh. And now...

Well this is what I get on the mapping tab...

and then I move over to the settings tab and then press import and this is the result...

:eek:

So yet again I thank you for your help as my TV guide now seems to be populated. Now I need to customise the channels that I wish to appear but at least it is there :)

Whilst I am quite new to using MP I am not that new to computers (old 8bit ones) or PC's, from the early days of DOS 3 but I am truly amazed at the unfriendly and complex way that MP is bolted together for the newcomer to understand.

Thanks again for your help :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom