Prof Revolution DVB-S2 8000 Card (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Mine arrived this morning - very quick delivery from Netherlands - poss same supplier as Quake 505.

Installed great, both channels show in MePo TV Server (I'm on 1.0.2) - scanned OK - found stacks of channels using Astra 28.2E and all free to air ones working in "preview" mode.....just have to get them appearing in the EPG screen now!

Never had multiple cards, so getting more and more confused...I think I'll have to do some searching and reading. I have combined DVB-T channels with the same channels on DVB-S, but just need to get them in the EPG. I knew it wouldn't be easy!!

So, the card installs great and works so far, it is just the operator who needs to sort himself out now :oops:

EDIT: BBC HD works great! Had to upgrade my CoreAVC codecs to V2.0 for it to happen. When it scanned originally it found probably over 700?? TV Channels. I have edited these down by deleting the ones that were not relevant to me. Struggling with the TV Guide "button" as it is still only showing the DVB-T channels that were available before adding the DVB-S2 card??? All channels are there, I can select them by clicking on the "Channel" button... also need to sort logo's etc!

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Great stuff!! It works a treat... I did wonder what the flying leads were for in the box, but then realised they must be for the DiSeqc output.

I'm still struggling with the EPG. I think I'll install 1.1.0 (I'm on 1.0.2) and then try mc2xml. The card is great though.

Quake505

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2009
    Porky,

Are you having any problems with port 1?

LNB port 1 will only pick up over 200 channels on 28.2 where port 2 will pick up over 700 using the same cable, LNB and dish.

I see that you live in the UK, I guess you are also using 28.2, how many tv channels are you picking up?

Q505.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm using my Sky dish, and on 28.2 I'm getting well over 700 channels on both inputs. I have not yet fitted my quad LNB, so when I set up I just swapped the cable between the two inputs, however, both inputs found the same channels. Hopefully this will still be the case when I change the LNB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom