Program Guide entry prevents tuning radio to that station (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Ok, this took me FOREVER to track down. I'm still baffled but at least I see the problem now. If I create a program guide entry for a particular radio station, it will no longer let me manually tune to that station, so long as that program guide entry remains in the future. I can tune to any other station I have programmed except that one. I've attached logs. Here are the key event times:

No Program guide entry
    18:03:28 - Tune to 88.3, normal
    18:03 51 - Tune to 89.1, normal

Program guide entry for station 89.1
    18:04:14 - Tune to 88.3, normal
    18:04:29 - Tune to 89.1, fails
    18:04:43 - Retry tune to 89.1, fails

I reinstalled 1.13 Final and I do not see this problem. Reinstalled 1.14 pre and problem reappears.
    I'll update my system specs.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Thanks for the report. :)

I've attached logs.
    I'm not seeing these. Please could you try to attach them again. Make sure you wait for the upload/attach to complete before hitting post, otherwise the attachment will be lost.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Country flag

I've attached logs.
    I'm not seeing these. Please could you try to attach them again. Make sure you wait for the upload/attach to complete before hitting post, otherwise the attachment will be lost.
    I'm such a bonehead... I forgot to attach them :) In my defense, I was really tired. I'll try again.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Hungary Hungary

I've attached logs.
    I'm such a bonehead... I forgot to attach them :) In my defense, I was really tired. I'll try again.
    Here is the error related this issue.

[2016-03-20 18:04:29,486] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvPlugin.Radio.Play()
    at TvPlugin.Radio.Play(GUIListItem item)
    at TvPlugin.Radio_OnClick(Int32 iItem)
    at Common.GUIPlugins.WindowPluginBase.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Country flag
    It can be releated to https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4684 but I need to see the log files.

Which kind of guide did you create? DVB EPG?
    Thanks, log files are in my previous post. For the EPG I actually just wrote a script to create an entry in the program table in the mptvdb database. Here where I live, we don't have guides for radio stations and I wanted to make something simple for recording purposes.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Hungary Hungary
    Can you try this dll? Please make a backup before overwrite the original dll.

Attachments

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Country flag
    I have to leave for work in about 5 minutes so I can try it as soon as I get back this afternoon. I have to reload 1.14pre so it isn't a quick check. Thanks!

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Country flag
    Can you try this dll? Please make a backup before overwrite the original dll.
    The new dll fixed it! You don't know how much I appreciate the quick fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    R MP 2.2.3 Search TV program only with the correct begin of show title General 7
    J [solved] Newbie to MediaPortal 2 - Cannot open/run TV programs Newcomers Forum 4
    R Visual status of watched TV programs MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    A [solved] Cant see all recorded programs General 9
    L [solved] Modifying programmed recording after setting it General 0
    G Switch to new channel at begining of program automatically Feature Requests 0
    johns11 Multiple programs responding to IR commands since upgrade from 1.12 Remotes 3
    K How to start Chrome or other programs MediaPortal 1 Talk 41
    drumrob Time and Genre overlap in program description 1.22 Pre Release 4
    N [Finished] [MP2-806] Playing a recorded radio program does not show screen to allow skipping forward, etc MediaPortal 2 141
    N [Finished] MP2-803 - Delete full series doesn't work when viewing a program in the extended schedule screen MediaPortal 2 12
    N What do the series recording options mean, and why is MP2 recording random programs? General 3
    M Problem With Sending Channel to External Program from TV3 Blaster IR Server Suite (IRSS) 1
    M Forwarding Cmd Line Arg in IRSS Run Program MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    A UK - BBC2 EPG suddenly has several programs daily with 'No information' Electronic Program Guide 57
    A [solved] XmlTv not importing programs General 8
    J Option to rename the programs during advance scheduling Feature Requests 0
    H [fixed] Series programming/deleting 2.2 Archive 1
    S Why open source fails and Integration wins for complex programs General 15
    Alberto83 [Evaluate] {Program Title} is starting Reminders MediaPortal 2 5
    T Moving Pictures Icon disappeared...and the program....??? Watch / Listen Media 1
    D Display Day of week in TV Guide? Feature Requests 0
    S Shortcuts MP1 My Recorded & TV Guide General 10
    framug Nouveau plugin XmlTvFR pour récupérer le guide télé français Kazer / ZguideTv (WebEPGfr) 11
    G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2