Programmed "X" in Girder, it writes out the X? (1 Viewer)

XperienZe

Portal Member
October 23, 2005
Hi there!

Sorry for the bad topic, but it is hard to explain.
I've bought myself a Packard Bell Fast Media Remote control to be used with Media Portal, i also use Girder (latest, non beta) with a plugin called Igor.

Everything works perfect except a few things:
I know the keys in Media Portal is programmed with some letters, like "X" is "Switch between GUI and fullscreen". In Girder I entered the X in "Sentence" and programmed it to a button on the remote. In windows I can write it like an X but in Media Portal when I am playing a movie and want to go in/out from GUI/Fullscreen i push the "X" on my remote, but it turns out it writes the X in the top of the Media portal (like a name)..... so my question is: How do I do to make the "X" on the remote to work like the X on the keyboard?

Question 2:
When I play music it is a litte box in the left corner that is showing album, name and "equalizer", but my computer is not that fast so when I play music it does not go very fast. Is there any other visualizion avilable? And can i get it fullscreen with equalizer (or what i call it)?

Thanks, hope i posted it right and that you undestand it!?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

1) i do not know for sure, because i do not use girder. But you should try a lowercase "x" instead of a uppercase "X". Girder seems to send the uppercase "X" as SHIFT+"x". This is used for SMS shortcut input.

2) MP uses the visuals of WMP. So turn visulas in WMP off. Or set the audiorenderer to "Direct Show" instead of "Windows Media Player" in Setup->Music.

HTH, Flip.

XperienZe

Portal Member
    October 23, 2005
    Thanks for both your answers, it works perfect with lowecase. And also the visualization disappears when i change to DirectShow (an album is showing instead).... but the thing I want is a fullscreen visualization like the one you can have in Media Player (only thing is that the cloud thing is really slow). So that it works like a movie, i can use X to switch to fullscren and x to go to GUI. Someone have a thing like that?

I also discovered a new thing (..to me), the IMDB function. But is there a way to show the IMDB thing directly without going to F9 -> IMDB? And when I add an IMDB to a folder (with two movies in it part 1 and 2) the IMDB thing disappears next time I want to view it (works perfect with a movie).

And another thing, when I have to parts of a move like Batman Part 1 and Batman Part 2 one of them disappears?

The last thing:
    Maybe not the right forum (Girder). In Girder i have programmed the buttons, but the are very high "sensitivity" on, so if I hold it for 1 millesecond to long it pushes the button twice (in and out)

Hope you are willing to answer all my questions! I really need your help.
    BTW: Thanks for the perfectly beautiful program Media Portal :)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

XperienZe said:
    .... but the thing I want is a fullscreen visualization like the one you can have in Media Player (only thing is that the cloud thing is really slow). So that it works like a movie, i can use X to switch to fullscren and x to go to GUI. Someone have a thing like that?
    Then you have to turn on visuals again. You can only have visuals in Fullscreen, when they also are activated for GUI. Then you can switch with x between GUI and fullscreen visuals.

XperienZe said:
    I also discovered a new thing (..to me), the IMDB function. But is there a way to show the IMDB thing directly without going to F9 -> IMDB? And when I add an IMDB to a folder (with two movies in it part 1 and 2) the IMDB thing disappears next time I want to view it (works perfect with a movie).
    You can use F3 instead of F9. If there is no information yet, MP will make a lookup. If the information was once downloaded F3 will directly display it.
    XperienZe said:
    And another thing, when I have to parts of a move like Batman Part 1 and Batman Part 2 one of them disappears?
    Do you mean Batman 1 and 2 or do you mean Batman 1 divided into two parts?

MP has a stacking feature, if a movies is divided into separate parts. If you name your movies like this
    moviename-CD1.avi
    moviename-CD2.avi
    MP will only display "moviename" and on playback it will automatically jump to the next CD.

HTH, Flip

XperienZe

Portal Member
    October 23, 2005
    Thanks!

My only problem is that the visualization (windows media, the one with blue sky) is so very slow, but not in Windows Media Player just in Media Portal?
    I really like that visualization but it is to slow, can you recommend any other nice with album cover, artist name...?

The other thing is the sensitivity i talked about, i have asked in Girder forum but no response yet.

Which button should i programm to my remote? I have:
    up,down,left,right,enter
    volume,channel,mute,esc
    play/pause,stop,ff,imdb and a few more, dont remember.

You know the "bar" that comes up when you hold the mouse in the top of the "picture", which button is it to show that? (Im not gonna use a mouse)

Please recommend some good plugins to!

Thanks!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i do not use Girder, so no help there from my side. :roll:

Slow performance of visuals in MP is a known, but not yet solved problem. What specs do you have (graphicscard, resolution, CPU)? Lowering the resolution might help. I am using battery visuals from WMP, recommended resolution is 800x600.

You can access the bar with the UP key. LEFT / RIGHT on main screen.

"s" might be helpfull, this cycles through aspect ratio modes in fullscreen video. You can take a look into Setup->General->Keys or Setup->Remotes to get a clue about other keys. F3, F9...

HTH, Flip.

XperienZe

Portal Member
    October 23, 2005
    My HTPC specs is: 1,7 ghz, 512mb ram, Geforce 2 MX
    But the computer i use right now for testing the Media Portal (even here the visuals lagg) is: 3,4 ghz, 1,5 gb ram, ATI Radeon X850XT.... and much more

The s button can i use through F9 that i have programmed.

It is not that bar i mean, it is this (i can only reach it thought the mouse and sometimes throgh UP) but i want to use it in movies for example: http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload3/portalbar.JPG

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yes i know that you meant the Topbar. This bar cannot be access while a movie is playing (fullscreen). Just hit F3 to get the controls (like play, stop, etc.). This works in most fullscreen playbacks (besides Music, unfortunalty its broken there).

For your HTPC you should really consider to use a different graphics card. MP uses DX9 technology (rendering like a game) and therefore benefits much from a DX9 capable card! :)

HTH, Flip.

XperienZe

Portal Member
    October 23, 2005
    Okey thanks! But about the graphic card.... i dont want to spend to much on that, my TV sucks so there is no idea. What dont i get with a noncompatible DX9 card that i get with one which has it?

The other components in my computer are okey isnt they?

Which TV-Card should i buy?

Do you know any nice visualization for Media Player that show album, artist, albumcover and some equalizer... like the original but faster?

Thanks!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

XperienZe said:
    Okey thanks! But about the graphic card.... i dont want to spend to much on that, my TV sucks so there is no idea. What dont i get with a noncompatible DX9 card that i get with one which has it?
    You won't get a good performance. MP renders its GUI like a 3D game. Would you play Need for Speed Underground or Half Life 2 on the GF2? Your CPU would have much more to do and you may have graphics glitches (wrong transparency or something like that). There are quite good DX9 cards out there for round about 50 Euro i think. ATi Radeon 9600, GeForce 5200, GeForce 6600 GT (ok somewhat more money), etc. I am not an expert here. ;)
    XperienZe said:
    The other components in my computer are okey isnt they?
    Jupp. Again your CPU will benefit from a DX9 card.
    XperienZe said:
    Which TV-Card should i buy?
    It depends... ;)
    Analog or Digital?
    Terestrial, Cable or Satelite?
    Wanna use a CAM for scrambled channels?
    XperienZe said:
    Do you know any nice visualization for Media Player that show album, artist, albumcover and some equalizer... like the original but faster?
    Nope, sorry.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom