Ongoing Project HTPC (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh i was also thinking rounded on the bottom as well, But I'm glad you can understand what I was talking about. (y) Maybe we could have a poll on a few designs?
    The sides I was thinking of making as heat sinks, But can't really think of a type of heat sink that wouldn't look ugly.

Roumec

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Maybe we can poll, but I have only these two designs :D. Heatsink would be also very hard to connect to cpu and all construction had to be change to construction with top cover. I think that if will be a good airflow from top through cpu cooler to side it would be ok and low profile cooler with inaudible fan would be sufficient solution.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't see it needing a top cover.. It would still work with it sliding in from the side. This is your project so I really don't want to push my ideas on you, So tell me if you get annoyed.

tumblr_inline_mzvbeozZI81swmsv7.png

Roumec

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Home Country
    No you´re definitely not, I appreciate every idea ;). I´m just afraid that this passive cooler couldn´t handle a core i5 which have 65W TDP and fan is necessary :unsure: I also want to keep price under 50 dollars and this is at least 10.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK that's fine, You will have to mount the fan to the internal structure (I seen you had holes to mount the fan to the case) as mounting it to the case would stop it sliding. ;) I also like to keep plugs recessed keeps things looking tidy, plus I had a few broken sockets the more they stick out the more they get hit, just a personal preference.

Roumec

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Home Country
    OK that's fine, You will have to mount the fan to the internal structure (I seen you had holes to mount the fan to the case) as mounting it to the case would stop it sliding. ;) I also like to keep plugs recessed keeps things looking tidy, plus I had a few broken sockets the more they stick out the more they get hit, just a personal preference.

You´re totally right, I´m an idiot, it wouldn´t slide at all :D But i don´t understand that mounting system because I dont want to add another plate for using side hard drive mounting holes, I want to use the top ones so the base plate forr MB and HDD will be also cooler for HDD.

@Aros62 Thanks, that looks nice ;)

For today and tomorrow I will be posting little bit less because I´m having an exam in school in tuesday :eek: so wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom