Ongoing Project HTPC (2 Viewers)

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
@Roumec
Sorry if this sounds rude , but your last example looks for me like an one eyed turtle. I prever the one from post #47. It looks way better.

Roumec

Portal Pro
January 20, 2014
Brno, Czech Republic
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
So I don´t know how did you mean it :D[DOUBLEPOST=1390932203][/DOUBLEPOST]Oook so I wouldn´t be "one eyed turtle" so which it´ll be?

Right or left - type to comments and I will continue ;)

uprava3.jpg

Last edited:

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I like the shape of the case on the right but I prefer the vents on the sides as in the case on the left. Top vents just invite small debris to fall in.

The Imon LCD screen is a good idea. Maybe there is a way to integrate colored lights into it, or directly below it? Back in the day I had a Panasonic DVD player which had a thin stripe under the disc tray which would light up blue when the power was on. It looked really cool but I can't seem to find a picture of it now.

Roumec

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Home Country
    Im thinking about another options, keep front panel tatally clear and put power button in to back. Also as you were saying there could be light below maybe controllable in colour of case. And what do you think about laser engraving some name of this case on front panel. Do you have some idea of name? For example "Casey" :D[DOUBLEPOST=1390936617][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe If the LED will be connected to fan connector. It could be controlled by software for fan controlle, or I could let some of my friends studying IT make that software ;)

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Power button in the back? Man, what have you been smoking :whistle:

Seriously, any "user interface" should be accessible or you can just pull the plug instead. Your line of arguments would suggest that you could as well put your PC in a shoe box, hide it away and control the pc exclusively through a RC infrared receiver that would be virtually invisible. You may want to keep an empty design box on the shelf if you like :D

I really fear that you will be taken away by design and forget about functionality. Form usually follows function. Good design allows function to be in line with form. Having said this, I recommend to define the hardware elements, consider the thermal design and then decide on geometry of the "gift" box.

At this point I am very concerned that a design with HddS below the mainboard will not have a big life expectancy.

Roumec

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Home Country
    Hi man, that Idea was told here few pages before not by me. I´m just listening to people here and trying to discuss it. Don´t know if you were reading this topic from start but my goals are clearly defined in my first post I wan´t a small case for htpc/work pc. For me it´s core i5...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do read the thread, although sometimes posting come in so quickly that I mau occasionally skip one.

The cpu is not the point, it's the form factor bit I trust that I don't need to tell you that. I am compleyely confused about the current development status.

Roumec

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Home Country
    Current status is that I made some designs and now I´m consulting them with community. When It´ll be solved with help of people here I´ll make a technical drawings and than I will make a prototype :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom