Projected release? (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    context menu is also acessible via keyboard, there it is the "windows context menu" key, so if you can map this in girder it should work.

I don't know much about IRSS, I only use my remote as "MCE" type and it works...

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can someone give a very rough estimate on a stable release (i.e. no beta)? This year, maybe early 2013?
    I am planning on building a new HTPC and would want to wait for MP2 to be released if it's within the next six months or so.

Last edited:

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hey guys!

Already loving MP2, keep the good work up!

One thing about "releases" and stuff though:
    I'd really like to see more alpha builds to download. Not talking about nightlies, but something like monthlies would be really really great. Obviously they wouldn't have to be stable, just some development builds, to see what's going on in dev ;-)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys!

Already loving MP2, keep the good work up!

One thing about "releases" and stuff though:
    I'd really like to see more alpha builds to download. Not talking about nightlies, but something like monthlies would be really really great. Obviously they wouldn't have to be stable, just some development builds, to see what's going on in dev ;-)
    Thanks, we would like to see them, too. We are preparing a new build currently, which might be released within the next weeks.
    After that one we'll try to make release builds more regular.

Cheers,
    Tommy

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Can someone give a very rough estimate on a stable release (i.e. no beta)? This year, maybe early 2013?.........

I'm curious also to when a stable release will be released.
    Will dev on MP1.# stop at that point, with all attention directed at MP2?

Reading back over the previous posts - MP2 devs are adding more bells and whistles (metadata etc) and skinning enhancements.
    I personally (as mentioned by others) would prefer a solid core MP2 released sooner, with the extras added later thru plugins(plugins that will eventually become integrated into the build if popular).

Is the MP1 devs time being wasted(doing minor bug fixes etc), if MP2 is to be released soon?

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm curious also to when a stable release will be released.
    As always for open source projects: When it's done ;)

Will dev on MP1.# stop at that point, with all attention directed at MP2?
    It probably won't be stopped completely, since many devs know MP1 quite good and are happy with MP1....

Reading back over the previous posts - MP2 devs are adding more bells and whistles (metadata etc) and skinning enhancements.
    I personally (as mentioned by others) would prefer a solid core MP2 released sooner, with the extras added later thru plugins(plugins that will eventually become integrated into the build if popular).
    The MP2 "core" is already stable, but a few things for daily usage within the living room is still missing. In our opinion some of them are also navigation improvements.
    Feel free to grab the latest MP2 Alpha 1 WinterRelease and provide us with feedback what you like and what you dislike. :)

Is the MP1 devs time being wasted(doing minor bug fixes etc), if MP2 is to be released soon?
    Not for those people who want to stay with MP1 and all it's plugins and pros and cons.

Users who are viewing this thread