[confirm] PS++ not preventing standby (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I also have an annoying bug where it stays awake even though the only request is coming from "[DRIVER] \Filesystem\srvnet" even though I've set an override for that, as you can see. It doesn't appear to be anything to do with PS++ as it doesn't go away if I disable network monitoring but if anyone has any ideas how to squash this bug, please let me know as it's very irritating!

Code:
powercfg /requests
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.

AWAYMODE:
None.

powercfg /requestsoverride
[SERVICE]

[PROCESS]

[DRIVER]
\FileSystem\srvnet SYSTEM
Realtek High Definition Audio SYSTEM
Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18491892
&REV_1003\4&2a05e9ef&0&0001) SYSTEM

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
...After resuming, I started a download with OnlineVideos and it went to standby whilst that was still in progress (at 82%).
PS cannot know what any plugins are doing (how should it?) unless they register to PS or prevent Windows standby themselves. As you already wrote, the only way to work around this is the network monitor...

Michael

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
PS cannot know what any plugins are doing (how should it?) unless they register to PS or prevent Windows standby themselves. As you already wrote, the only way to work around this is the network monitor...

Michael

OK. Well maybe the team should consider making it a requirement/standard that plugins should communicate that they're busy, either directly to PS++ or to the MediaPortal core and have that pass a "busy" signal onto PS++.

EDIT: Maybe another idea is to have the MP core call SetThreadExecutionState(...) to prevent Windows going to standby whenever it's actively doing something (I guess this would still require that plugins notify MP that they're active) and just let PS++ carry on doing what it already does well.

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is because PS++ is not installed. It is now part of MediaPortal and therefore does not show up in MPEI installed extensions. You should not install PS++ as an extension (you can do it with the MP pre-release, since this is a 1.4.x version, but you won't be able to do it with MP 1.5).

Just a suggestion, this should be mentioned in the upgrade instructions when 1.5 hits the shelves. Something like "If you have PS++ installed, uninstall it before doing an upgrade to MP 1.5" (maybe even in big letters) otherwise I predict a lot of bug reports.

Or is this problem going to be handled a different way?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bumping. Process detection is broken in PS++ in 1.5
    What makes you believe this? Please send logs and describe exactly what is happening!

Michael

Click on the quoted post, or go to first page. I explained it there.

I can not confirm this.
    See screenshot:
    1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom