Pure Audio not showing up in Config (1 Viewer)

noncom

Portal Member
August 23, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Aha! I've now (in Expert Mode) found the External Players section, and Pure Audio is there.

It wasn't Enabled, so I've now done that and I'll let you know how it goes from here!!!

Thanks
noncom

OK, so now it's enabled, and I've gone into the Configure tab to set the ASIO driver options etc.

When I launch MP and choose Music, everything looks exactly the same as it did before. Is that right? Should I see some indication that it's now using PureAudio? Or should I launch PureAudio in a different way (it doesn't show up in the Plugins menu).

The PureAudio options give Default Playback mode as either Gapless or Normal...... is it possible to change this behaviour on an album by album basis? That is what I would expect - both from the word "default" and also the fact that some albums (mainly Live) require gapless, and most don't.

Help please? A User Guide would be very helpful here...... :)

Cheers
noncom

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

When I launch MP and choose Music, everything looks exactly the same as it did before. Is that right?
    Yes that is correct. As I understand it (I only used PureAudio for a short time while testing a specific bug) PureAudio mainly serves to provide an alternative ASIO interface to the ASIO functionality provided by MP (which is a little lacking). No extra section in MP - just stuff behind the scenes.

mm

noncom

Portal Member
    August 23, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excellent, thanks. I guess I'll just try and see if the Gapless playback is working then!

So, does anyone know whether it's possible to set Gapless or Normal Playback on an album-by-album basis?

Thanks
    noncom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom