Pure Audio not showing up in Config | Page 2

Discussion in 'ASIO music player' started by noncom, September 9, 2011.

1. noncom

noncom Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Aha! I've now (in Expert Mode) found the External Players section, and Pure Audio is there.

It wasn't Enabled, so I've now done that and I'll let you know how it goes from here!!!

Thanks
    noncom

OK, so now it's enabled, and I've gone into the Configure tab to set the ASIO driver options etc.

When I launch MP and choose Music, everything looks exactly the same as it did before. Is that right? Should I see some indication that it's now using PureAudio? Or should I launch PureAudio in a different way (it doesn't show up in the Plugins menu).

The PureAudio options give Default Playback mode as either Gapless or Normal...... is it possible to change this behaviour on an album by album basis? That is what I would expect - both from the word "default" and also the fact that some albums (mainly Live) require gapless, and most don't.

Help please? A User Guide would be very helpful here...... :)

Cheers
    noncom

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,170 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Yes that is correct. As I understand it (I only used PureAudio for a short time while testing a specific bug) PureAudio mainly serves to provide an alternative ASIO interface to the ASIO functionality provided by MP (which is a little lacking). No extra section in MP - just stuff behind the scenes.

mm

4. noncom

noncom Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excellent, thanks. I guess I'll just try and see if the Gapless playback is working then!

So, does anyone know whether it's possible to set Gapless or Normal Playback on an album-by-album basis?

Thanks
    noncom

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!