Q-Sonic Slim-Remote II (eDio) supported?

Discussion in 'other Input / Output interfaces' started by WeeMan, February 27, 2008.

1. WeeMan

WeeMan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Scotland Scotland
    Hello everyone,

I am new to MediaPortal and my first impressions are "brilliant". I had an old remote lying around which I thought I could just plug in and let loose but it seems it is not that easy. It is a Q-Sonic Slim-Remote II (also described as an eDio Slim type remote control) which I picked up a while ago really cheap. The bundled IR-receiver and remote are both labelled IR 507. Does support for this remote already exist and if so, how can I do it? If it doesn't, is it possible that it can somehow be implemented?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Neil

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. diehard2
    • Team MediaPortal

diehard2 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    hi, a quick google search shows this is an x10 remote. You can try downloading the recommended drivers from snapstream (a link is in the config program) and enabling x10 remote support and choosing other.

4. Neptuni
    • Premium Supporter

Neptuni MP Donator

Research Engineer (GPS, Radio)
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Neil,

and-81 is working on support for the IR507 receiver in the IR Server Suite, and I'm helping him to test some code to get it working. Please look in this thread and this also.

Hopefuly it's the same remote and in that case it would probably help him to have another tester for his code.
    And I don't think that's its an X10 remote, just a remote to control applications on a pc, but a very neat one...

/Mikael

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!