Question about fonts in myhome.xml (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been trying to add Mediastream's myhome.xml to StreamedMP (i like it better than StreamedMP)

myhome looks good, if I also copy over mediastream's fonts.xml file, but this messes with the rest of StreamedMP.

If I use the StreamedMP fonts.xml file then the myhome gets messed up. So logically i went through myhome.xml and wrote down all the fonts I needed to add, this didn't work i get missing text for the vertical scrolling menu in myhome.

Can someone tell me how to solve my problem?

... Basically i want to get the attached myhome.xml to work with the attached fonts.xml, by adding the necessary fonts to fonts.xml sounds easy, but i can't do it after 3 hours of trying!!!! Alternatively if someone could tell me what to change in myhome.xml instead that would be fine too!! I basically need to leave all the fonts in fonts.xml there and just add anything extra that is necessary

Please someone help me!

Attachments

• myHome.xml
      30.6 KB
    • fonts.xml
      30.6 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see that the 2 fonts are mediastream28 = Fluid Title Caps, size 30, bold and mediastream17b = Fluid Title Caps, size 17, bold.

[collapse]
    <font>
    <name>mediastream28</name>
    <filename>Fluid Title Caps</filename>
    <height>30</height>
    <start>0</start>
    <end>1536</end>
    <bold>yes</bold>
    </font>

<font>
    <name>mediastream17b</name>
    <filename>Fluid Body Caps</filename>
    <height>17</height>
    <start>0</start>
    <end>1536</end>
    <bold>yes</bold>
    </font>
    [/collapse]

How come if this is near the end of the fonts file it doesn't work, but if i list these 2x fonts first then it works? Is there a limit to the number of fonts you can load? Or is there a problem if myhome.xml loads before mediaportal has finished importing the fonts?

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you look in your myhome it is also calling for mediastream27 but there is no 27 in the font file or even in the newest mediastream, I just added a 27 I think it was changed to 28, and added all the other missing fonts from mediastream.

Not sure if its gonna work but worth a shot.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You should be able to change them to the ones from StreamedMP, did you delete the cache? Fonts are cached too...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    thanks, pilehave got it going in the end. deleteing cache didn't seem to make a difference, but maybe i inadvertantly did clear the cache which may of helped
    anyways here is a copy of myhome.xml that can be used for people using StreamedMP with StreamedMP fonts.xml file.

Is there a limit to the number of fonts you are allowed to load, i was expecting to just be able to combine the fonts.xml from both skins into a single file, but that never worked.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thanks, pilehave got it going in the end. deleteing cache didn't seem to make a difference, but maybe i inadvertantly did clear the cache which may of helped
    anyways here is a copy of myhome.xml that can be used for people using StreamedMP with StreamedMP fonts.xml file.

Is there a limit to the number of fonts you are allowed to load, i was expecting to just be able to combine the fonts.xml from both skins into a single file, but that never worked.

Yes, there is a limit to the number of font-definitions, I haven't got the excact figure but you probably met the limit when merging two font-sets.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yes, there is a limit to the number of font-definitions, I haven't got the excact figure but you probably met the limit when merging two font-sets.

That makes sense why it was giving you problems, I didnt know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom