Question about loading EPG data (1 Viewer)

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
Hi I have a question about the loading of the EPG data. I am in The US in the State of New York. I have a Gateway 500x PC Intel Pentium IV processor running @ 2.53 Ghz with 512MB of RAM Nvidia Geforce MX 440 driver version 5.3.0.3 with 128MB of VRAM, Soundmax Intergratd Digital Audio driver version 5.12.1.3513, Windows XP Home Edition SP2 with Internet explorer 6 and Windows Media layer 10 installed. I don't know the make or model or driver version of my motherboard. If this information is needed, please let me know how to obtian this information. When the guide is loading into mediaportal, it makes my computer quite sluggish and takes quite a bit to finish loading completely. I would say it takes around 20 minutes or more it seems. Is this normal? I use xmltv to grab the guide data. Anyone have a similar experience or may know what the prolem may be? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

How are you gauging the data is being loaded? By the why the epg fills if you keep refreshing the mytvguide page? Or do you mean the time it takes to download the EPG data using xmltv?

If its the time taken to render the tvguide, it could be a problem associated with your graphics card. MP does recommend a dx9 card but dx8.1 is fine. GF4mx are only dx7 cards which do put a lot of load on the cpu which could explain the slowdown. I have a 2600+ @ 1800mhz and for 8 days of data with full descriptions, it might be 30-40 seconds...

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
What do you mean by me auging the data is being loaded? I don't understand your response. The only thing I understand is that you asked if the epg takes long to download or if it is taking long to come yup in the my tv guide section of my tv. It takes long for the guide to show up in the tv guide section of my tv. Downloading of the actuall listings are not slow. Is there anything I can do to improve the speed? I don't think it was alwys like this. Would unchecking use genere colors help speed up the process in the configuration pat of the program? Thanks for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom