Question about nfo importing (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry for late response, still on vacation till 23.9.
    Don't worry Deda, i'm in your country today for 2 weeks !

About more fanart, y that is possible in nfo import but fanart definitions must be inside nfo file in tag like this:
    if i understand fanart files can have all format :
    movie -fanart.jpg
    movie -fanart{1}.jpg
    Code:
    <fanart>
        <thumb>videofilename-fanart.jpg</thumb>
        <thumb>videofilename-fanart{1}.jpg</thumb>
      </fanart>

movie -fanart.jpg
    movie -fanart1.jpg
    Code:
    <fanart>
        <thumb>videofilename-fanart.jpg</thumb>
        <thumb>videofilename-fanart1.jpg</thumb>
      </fanart>

but should be included inside NFO !

i hope you can rework the MyVidéo plugin with you personnal change for 1.6

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Actually, can be any name up to 5 filenames but they must be in nfo file in <fanart> tag and exist in path where is nfo file (this will work only by using database).
    Only if they are not written in nfo file, file name must be moviefilename-fanart.jpg or moviefilename-backdrop.jpg and it can be only one fanart.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    And I forgot about fanart/covers update on refresh. Just check it out and indeed cover is not updated but bad boy is in core of MP which creates thumbnails

if (File.Exists(thumbnailImageDest))
    {
    return false;
    }

so obviously I need to delete old thumbs first (you learn something new in MP every day :)).

About fanart, they are replaced and message is sent that movie is updated so fanart handler plugin should react on this. You can check if new fanart files are on place in

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\movies

file name you're looking for need to start with your movie Id (you can check that number in Configuration in Videodatabase section), ie if movie id is 1 fanart files should be 1{0}.jpg, 1{1}.jpg .... 1{4}.jpg if there is 5 of them.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About fanart, they are replaced and message is sent that movie is updated so fanart handler plugin should react on this.
    I have to say that I only have tested the cover updating and have assumed that fanart is the same :whistle: Sorry. Will test fanart and bring my results to this post.

Myron

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi :)

I'm the second dev of TMM (just came here by google accident :p)
    Is there anything i can help you with?!
    (have to admit, MediaPortal is currently not-so-well-tested on our side, maybe we can work together to improve this :) )

Some questions for you:
    1) Is the MPAA issue fixed? can you live with our internal values, or should we change this?
    2) multiple fanarts in NFO should be pretty easy.
    - should we put them (1-5) beside the movie in same directory?
    - what if multiple movies are in same directory, having the same fanart naming?
    - do subdirectories work here? like <thumb>images/fanart1.jpg</thumb>
    - should the main fanart NOT be in NFO? (so we have 1+5 fanarts)
    3) any other things missing or needed?

Have a nice day!
    Myron

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have to admit, MediaPortal is currently not-so-well-tested on our side, maybe we can work together to improve this
    I did a lot of testing during the last weeks. Manuel (second tmm dev) (or you?) has adjusted the nfo when I had some findings. From my point of view the nfo fits the needs of MePo very well right now.

1) Is the MPAA issue fixed? can you live with our internal values, or should we change this?
    It works right now. The only thing is that the certifocation logos in the skins have to be adjusted. The naming convention within tmm is ok from my point of view.
    Here are the values which are writen by tmm:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/question-about-nfo-importing.120487/#post-1026916

2) multiple fanarts in NFO should be pretty easy. - should we put them (1-5) beside the movie in same directory? - what if multiple movies are in same directory, having the same fanart naming? - do subdirectories work here? like images/fanart1.jpg - should the main fanart NOT be in NFO? (so we have 1+5 fanarts)
    I have already brought some information to Manuel. @Deda should be able to answer this additional questions.

3) any other things missing or needed?
    A possibility to import the film sets off tmm would be nice. Manuel already put some grouping information into the nfo but I think that there are also things in MePo that have to be done to use this.
    What about an option to write directly to the MePo database?:cool:

Myron

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Great :)

Nice to see, that you are adapting all skins to use the TMM values for certifications - usually it's the other way round :)
    (this is the reason, why we initially put so many different variants into this string - xbmc skins have no standard)

MovieSets are not really in TMM.
    We just put the <sets> tag into the NFO... and xbmc (and others) build the grouping/menu from that.
    How does MP handle/need MovieSets?

Direct Database writing... well, yes, we thought about that already.
    But this is very critical when there are DB updates from MP, which we don't get in a timely manner...
    If there's an API... or a webservice to trigger an update, this should be a minor problem then.
    But manipulating the DB itself.... aww :)

hth

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great :)

Nice to see, that you are adapting all skins to use the TMM values for certifications - usually it's the other way round :)
    (this is the reason, why we initially put so many different variants into this string - xbmc skins have no standard)

MovieSets are not really in TMM.
    We just put the <sets> tag into the NFO... and xbmc (and others) build the grouping/menu from that.
    How does MP handle/need MovieSets?

Direct Database writing... well, yes, we thought about that already.
    But this is very critical when there are DB updates from MP, which we don't get in a timely manner...
    If there's an API... or a webservice to trigger an update, this should be a minor problem then.
    But manipulating the DB itself.... aww :)

hth

I have not adapted all skins only the one that I'm using.
    I have checked other skins and most of them had other filenames for certification logos and the XMBC solution to use a lot of combinations in the tag does not work for Mediaportal. Perhaps Deda whants to change this.

When talking about movie sets I was talking about this:
    ysaba8e2.jpg

In Mediaportal there are user definable groups. It is possible to define a group and add movies to the group. Also automatic adding of movies with sql like rules is possible.
    The goups itself does have own logo and description as it is in tmm.
    I'm not sure what would be the best way to implement an import of the groups, having the group information in each movie or a separate importfile for the groups or ...

I think Deda can also tell us about the possibillity of a more automated interface to the MePo DB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom