Question Regarding DiSEqC Support & More Than 4 Satellites (1 Viewer)

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

This is more of a general question and not something that is currently pressing for me. I am in the process of slowly putting together a FTA satellite setup here in North America. From what I read in the Wiki and what I noticed in the TV Server Setup, it appears that MediaPortal only supports a maximum of 4 satellites per tuner, even if the tuner card supports DiSEqC 1.1 which has a max of 16. Is this something that is planned to be changed in the future to allow configuration of more than 4 satellites, or do I just need to pick my favorite 4 birds and stick with those?

I am thinking ahead to the future when I plan to have a multiple LNB / dish setup and just want to know what I should expect my limitations to be.

Thanks in advance for your time,

-Steve

ps. If this is not in the correct place, please forgive me. If this is better suited in Feature Requests, I will be happy to re post there instead.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hello Steve

16 port switches will be supported in future.
    I can even supply you with a link to a test installer if you want to test.

mm

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    United States of America United States of America
    That's great to hear. There's no need for me to test it out yet cause I just received my first dish in the mail, but it's good to know that I'm not limited to only 4 in the future. Is there a mantis ticket number for this addition so I can keep an eye on development or is it just something that you are working on?

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    No, there is no mantis that specifically covers this feature. It is included with this work:
    http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3243

...so will be included when that work is complete and accepted. Parts of that are ready now, and half a dozen people are already testing. Just flick me a PM if you get to the stage where you need the feature and it hasn't been included in an official release yet.

bebezavar

October 18, 2012
    Bulgaria Bulgaria
    @mm I want to test support up to 16 port diseqc setup. Can you supply me with a link to installer that support this feature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom