Question regarding rating movies out of 10 instead of 5 (TRAKT) (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

When I finish watching a movie I get dialog box to ask for rating out of 5. Will we have a rating system in the future which asks for rating out of 10 and updates our trakt profile?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can do that now by disabling the built in MovingPictures one. In Trakt Advanced Settings you can enable to show the Trakt rate dialog after a movie is watched which will give you a 10 Heart selection to choose from if Advanced Ratings are enabled in Trakt.

Keep in mind that MovingPictures only supports a 5point scale, so if you rate a movie 7/10 then it will stored as 4/5 locally in movpictures but will be accurate online.

fyi...on supported skins you can also show the rate dialog manually for movies you have seen in the past from Details view.

Attachments

• traktRatings.jpg
      traktRatings.jpg
      128.6 KB
    Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm using the version bundled with Avalon, it must be an older version as there is no option for this in my version. THANKS :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    According to Avalon 1.1 change log it should support trakt 10-heart ratings. However, avalon doesnt install trakt using the MPEI (I think). The Advanced settings will only be visible if you install trakt using its MPEI package so you will need to install it that way.

There is two ways you can get to the advanced settings window, either by trakt settings->advanced settings (only if skin includes button) or by Extensions plugin->Trakt->Settings.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks

Avalon skin didn't have advance settings button under trakt->settings or settings->trakt. (I'll post an issue on their tracker)

https://github.com/ncoH/Avalon/issues/54

I was able to access the advanced settings from Extension Plugin->Trakt->Settings.

Initially I thought this wasn't working as it doesn't ask for ratings on movies that have already been rated in trakt, but I tried an unwatched movie and it worked. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Since you have to disable ratings dialog box in MovPic config, I think most users who enable this option will think it is broken as it's not intuitive to have to go into MPConfig and then MovPic to disable ratings dialog.

Can I suggest either
    1. When trakt show rate dialog is anabled, the trakt plugin alters the MovPic setting
    2. When trakt show rate dialog is enabled, a little window comes up advising users that they will need to disable rating box is MovPic advanced configuration for this to work.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah you are probably right kiwijunglist, 1) is probably the best option...I can mention what will happen in the setting description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom