Gigabyte LGA775 mobo
512MB PC-3200 DDR
Pioneer Dual Layer (110 16x) DVD +/- RW
Leadtek TV Tuner DTV1000 T Digital HDTV tuner
Generic BT878 Analogue TV Tuner
Western Digital 200Gb IDE 8Mb Cache 3yr Warranty
128 Mb ATI Radeon 9250 Video Card

I have a few questions

Q1: Is it possible to set up DVD ripping directly to media library?

Q2: Is it possible to get both the TV tuners going?

Q3: I wasn't able to get the TV Guide working for Newcastle, NSW, Australia, any suggestions?

Q4: I've noticed that DivX playback has been rather choppy, especially in full-screen. Is it possible to fix?

and lastly

Q5: Is there a way to record TV shows, media to DVD

Thanks in advance ;-)

Thomas

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country

Not yet

One of them is a software card so while it may work in 0130, it wont work in the future as they have decided to remove support.

Q3: I wasn't able to get the TV Guide working for Newcastle, NSW, Australia, any suggestions?

Which solution are you using for EPG?

Q4: I've noticed that DivX playback has been rather choppy, especially in full-screen. Is it possible to fix?

Might need the support template for that....

You mean Direct to DVD? No...

Dordo

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2004
    wocko1 said:

If you mean ripping DVD's from within MP, then the answer is no, nor are you ever likely to see it integrated due to legal issues. But yes you could use DVDecrypter or something similar to do it for you into a folder which you could then mount from inside Media Portal

wocko1 said:

The Leadtek one yes should be fine but make sure you can get BDA drivers for it. Search for it on google and if so then you should be fine. The otherone sounds unlikely at best. It will depend if it has an onboard hardware encoder on it, if so even if it is not currently supported it is possible to get it supported.

wocko1 said:

WebEPG? If you haven't tried it I highly suggest you do, it works quite well. I am also currently using something called TUGG. It was made by one of the guys from these forums. Its quick and easy to set up and does a good job most importantly.

wocko1 said:

I run divx, xvid and other formats fine on a 1Ghz machine, so by default yours should be fine. Are you using the latest drivers for your video card? I am not to sure about this one, but I know its not a common problem and it should work fine.

wocko1 said:

Yes but to be honest its a bit of a pain and can't be done with say the click of a button through Media Portal, its just not possible as I understand cause it records in a diffrent format to what is compatible on a DVD player.
    You will need to use other programs to do so, but yes you can do it.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you using FFDShow, or just a clean install of Media Portal? I noticed playback wasn't that fantastic just using what MP came with, try installing FFDShow and see if that smooths things out - I think it did for me (Or I did something else I can't remember?

wocko1

Portal Member
    December 9, 2005
    Are you using FFDShow, or just a clean install of Media Portal? I noticed playback wasn't that fantastic just using what MP came with, try installing FFDShow and see if that smooths things out - I think it did for me (Or I did something else I can't remember?

I've installed FFDshow as MP was requesting it for DivX playback and I followed the advice of not installing a codec pack. But still no go. I've also updated the video drivers, a bit better but jerking like crazy when you move the mouse or use the OSD.

The Leadtek one yes should be fine but make sure you can get BDA drivers for it. Search for it on google and if so then you should be fine. The otherone sounds unlikely at best. It will depend if it has an onboard hardware encoder on it, if so even if it is not currently supported it is possible to get it supported.

The Leadtek digital tuner is MCE2005 compatible and I'm able to get BDA drivers for it. By the way, the BT878 analogue tuner is a Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe.

WebEPG? If you haven't tried it I highly suggest you do, it works quite well. I am also currently using something called TUGG. It was made by one of the guys from these forums. Its quick and easy to set up and does a good job most importantly.

I've tried WebEPG but I don't see anyway of configuring it easily. I've also tried BladeRunnerPro. It appears to grab but MediaPortal gags on the output as well. Is there any way of getting my hands on TUGG?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    wocko1 said:
    but jerking like crazy when you move the mouse or use the OSD.
    This is probably due to your video card. You need to use VMR9 as the video renderer and you would need at least an ATI 9550 to get "jerk-free" playback.

wocko1 said:
    I've tried WebEPG but I don't see anyway of configuring it easily.
    It is very easy to configure - do you have a copy of the WebEPG setup document?

wocko1

Portal Member
    December 9, 2005

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Yes, WebEPG is currently implimented in current CVS and works VERY well for Australian users

After u install the 0.2RC1 release, download and overwrite the files in /mediaportal with the current cvs, run start.bat and reboot to save the new changes.....now u'r almost there

start MP, then go to "Settings" and run the "Setup Wizard"
    it will scan all the channels your card can find...then it will setup the EPG

simply select the channels u have autotuned...and match them up with the with availible EPG channel listings....NOTE: if u see "7 Digital", "7 Digital 1", "7 Digital 2", then just grab for one of them ....also there are currently no grabbers for HD channels

now..the setup is complete to grab data for 7 days

what u need to do now is run the webepg.exe which is located the /mediaportal/ directory (not the old one located in /webepg/ directory)

if u like u can set it as a scheduled task, "when my computer starts" or "weekly"

start up MP and the epg data will automatically jump into the tv database and fill your tv guide

wha la!

BTW: beachbumboy and James are working on a new grabber for WebEPG and Australian MP users....this will be one to RULE them all ;)

m0rt

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2005
    Bolton, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    wocko1 said:
    YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!!

No problem.... that's what makes projects like this great, everyone helping each other out and getting involved. (Now if only my c# development was better!)

You sound as happy as I was when I finally got my 9200 working. The wife thought I'd won the lottery or something!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom