Queueing files (1 Viewer)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm using Moving Pictures 1.4 with MediaPortal 1.3 Alpha and have an issue with the Movie importer tab. There seems to always be one sample file missing so the Movie importer stops at Queueing files (20/21) if I have 21 sample files in my collection. Below is a screen shot of a collection with a single movie with only one sample file - Queueing files (0/1).

Queueing.PNG
    The message goes away if I remove the sample file.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You are on "Moving Pictures (1.4.0:1418)", please update first and report back if problem still exists.

There are a lot of errors in your log file as well that show "FileSystemWatcher error: The given key was not present in the dictionary."

This looks to me like you might have database corruption. Rename your "movingpictures.db3" to "movingpictures.backup.db3" and redo all the MovPic settings and try again, does it work then?

alegend

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2011
    im on newest movingpics 1.42.
    problem still persists.
    I just downgraded to 1.31 and it works like a charm

Last edited:

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Guys, I have exactly the same problem!

I was just going to ask how I can provide you with more info on "why" this may be the case. I'm also on the newest Moving Pictures version: "1.4.2.1430" and MediaPortal "1.3.0 Beta".

My progress bar also get stuck on the "77/78". I have a lot of sample files among my movies. I tried to use WinDebug to detect the routine that is waiting or hanging, but could not understand anything it outputted. In the end by just doing that the progress seemed to continue.

I have just attached a clean start and stuck log file, I don't see anything that I think would cause the problem. Although the system just continues to write the "WebGrabber]: Connection failed:" errors in the log file even while it is staying stuck.

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Just to follow up on alegend's solution, I also downgraded to 1.3.1.1350 and it is working fine now.

I originally discovered this problem, because I wanted to import my DVD's with avi movies on them. Because the "queuing" did not complete the importer didn't continue to import the inserted DVD. Now with 1.3.1 it finishes what it is busy with and then start to import the DVD.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    In all previous cases where I've helped somebody solve this, it turned out to be a corrupted file that stalled the importer as it crashed MediaInfo trying to read the info.

The easiest way to find the offending files in those cases was to rename movingpictures.db3 (for backup purpose), rename your old import folder and create empty new one. For example D:\Movies becomes D:\Movies.old and create an empty D:\Movies folder. Then recreate the movingpictures.db3 by by launching MovPic config and redo all your settings. Backup your movingpictures.db3 again at this point to make it easy to go back to this "clean slate" if needed later on during testing.

Now move first movie out of 79 over and wait for it to import, rinse and repeat until you stumble upon the file in question that hangs it.

You can use the standalone MediaInfo GUI to get more crash information, and the MediaInfo developers are happy to give you FTP access to upload the file, so they can fix the issue (which would benefit all of us as users).

As final test, restore the clean movpic database and let it import all files that imported correct and see if it will do a bulk import without any issues.

PS: In one rare case it turned out that the users system (mainly internet connection) wasn't good enough to keep up with an asynchrone 5 thread import process. That is the default value, but you can change this in advanced settings. In that specific case a setting of 3 threads made everything import flawless. Setting it to 1 thread makes importing go slower, but is also a perfect way to find out what the offending file is via movingpictures.log, as it can be read in synchrone order.

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Hi RoChess, thanks for coming back to us. I am going to see if I can debug the problem like vuego did. I must say that he narrowed it down to only one file (which I would expect is not corrupt). So this situations don't seem to be applicable to him.

You must admit, it is kind of strange that this "problem" is only showing itself when we upgrade to the new 1.4 version. :confused:

Then if you can just exaggerate: From your explanation, it would seem that "Queuing file x of y" indicates that I have y movies my db? But I have over 900 movies! Also I have 12 import paths, so "what" files make up the 78?

I'm also a C# developer, if I could just figure out how to setup a dev environment to debug your source I would be able to supply solutions, not problems... one of the perks of Open Source... you don't have any simple instructions somewhere on a wiki or old post? (I only have C# Express thought).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    First off, this is not my project at all o_O

I'm just a fellow user who enjoys MediaPortal so much that he helps others get the same enjoyable experience, but I do test the plugin and help on scraper-scripts. The latter is what led to IMDb+, which is a seperate plugin that ties into the IMDb+ scraper-script that was born out of personal need for movie-series support. Thankfully I got a lot of help along the way from other developers to make that a reality though.

So back to your questions; you can compile and mess with MovPic at C# level with the Visual Studio C# Express edition just fine.

Checkout @ http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/source/checkout
    Wiki on how to set it up @ http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/wiki/DevelopersGuide

Keep in mind that wiki might be out of date on some stuff, but then use that as an inspiration to help edit the wiki to correct this with updated info, especially for Visual Studio 2012 for example. I actually at some point lost the ability to compile MovPic from source on VS2010 Express and never got back into it. Have VS2012 Pro now, so actually planned to rectify that situation, but still too busy with work at the moment.

As for you having 900 movies in collection (I thought 79 was low), did it constantly stall on those 79 movies then? Usually the ones that work fine import, so they do not show anymore when you restart MovPic config. But this is normally what movingpictures.log file tells you about. If you enable MediaPortal debug verbosity on log file, it will even do this in great detail. When a problem is at scraper-script level then MovPic even has an additional higher level of logging to get to the bottom of all that, but in most cases usage problems surface with plain debug mode fine. The problem as explained before is the asynchrone thread behaviour, which can make it very hard to know what part exactly is causing the issue. So adjusting threads to just 1 then is an easy way to find out where exactly things go wrong.

Also keep in mind that easy time MovPic starts, it will check your existing library and runs update tasks for it. Obtaining missing artwork, missing MediaInfo, sync with follw.it (if enabled), etc. All those tasks can interfere with easy to read log file if at the same time you are also importing new movies. Ideally you want to wait for that process to be done first before you diagnose import issues. Of course this is easier said then done when you can not undo adding the new files it stalls on.

Knowing which files those are should not be impossible though, because you should be able to use your OS timestamp to search for the last files added.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I'm also a C# developer, if I could just figure out how to setup a dev environment to debug your source I would be able to supply solutions, not problems... one of the perks of Open Source... you don't have any simple instructions somewhere on a wiki or old post? (I only have C# Express thought).
    C# Express is OK for all MEdiaportal plugins including MovPics.
    You should read http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...s/Plugin_Developer's_Guide/1_Develop_a_Plugin
    and join #moving-pictures irc channel on freenode in case of problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom