quick instructions on how to go on (1 Viewer)

MaKin

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
I thank both of you. It's unbelievable how fast and helpful replies are in here. I hope that someday I'll find myself in the position to help someone here. :)

MaKin

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok guys, Im finally setting up MePo right now. A few questions:

1. Refresh Rate Settings, Im not quite sure what you meant by "Enable dynamic refresh rate plugin
    23.976/24fps = 24 hz, 29.X/30/59.X/60fps = 60hz, 25/50fps = 50hz"
  2. In the MPAR-Config-Guide you posted you can read "When you use the LAV Audio Decoder in combination with the MediaPortal Audio Renderer, make sure you keep ALL bitstreaming Formats and the Auto A/V Sync correction option UNchecked (because these settings break the functionality of the MediaPortal Audio Renderer)." <-- When I do so, then the audio will be sent as PCM to the AVR. If I enable it, then the audio is transmitted properly as DTS, DTS-HD and so on. Will I gain any quality that way? In your guide you also mentioned to uncheck those boxes. But like I said, my AVR receives a PCM signal then...
  3. In MPAR - what's the difference between "5.1" and "5.1 Surround"?
  4. I installed AnyDVD HD and the BluRays just play fine, do I have to configure anything?
  5. Is it possible to start PowerDVD when playing a BluRay and going back to MediaPortal when the playback is stopped?
  6. My remote works with some buttons like numbers, arrows etc. but the essentials ones do not work like play, pause, skip, stop, etc.
  7. I can power the computer off with the remote but not start it afterwards. Common problem
  8. Unfortunately I still suffer from 24p stuttering. I have to mention though that I only enabled the "Dynamic Refresh Rate" without changing anything.

Thanks again for your support!

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. look in the box, those are the settings for each column, I think they are default settings anyway

2. HD-Audio means lossless audio/lossless compression. DTS-HD and LPCM are lossless. Unlike other formats eg. DTS/MP3/AAC which all use lossy compression.

3. Don't know, but use 5.1 as I would guess 5.1 surround probably has some wierd surround mixing

4. If it plays in MePo you are all good. I would recommend using MPAR for blurays as well

5. yes. but you must setup your remote to work outside MePo with PDVD as well as assign a button that will close PDVD when PDVD is active. Suggest google for a guide, else you could try an autohotkey script or lmremote.

6. mp config -> remotes -> tick the use mce remote box

7. that feature is motherboard / ir receiver specific. in power settings you can assign the power button to sleep, this also effects the remote power button

8. press shift+1, post screenshot

Last edited:

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. ok, got it, thanks!

2. what exactly does that mean? Is there no quality loss when the HTPC sends the signal as PCM?

3. I did not hear any difference :)

4. I am using MPAR for BR now, but I am encountering an error now... see below.

5. I will check for such tools, thanks.

6. I did so, but still the important buttons do not work

to 4. I played two Blu Rays yesterday, 300 and Inception and after removing the disc there are still the entries in "All Movies" in the moving pictures plugin. And when I insert another blu ray now (American Gangster in my case) it is "recognized" as 300 and cannot be played. Any idea what's the matter? :(

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. good

2. According to MPAR developers, Negligible quality change. There is no loss, because it is lossless.

3. ok

4. sounds like moving pictures is importing your blurays, turn that off in moving pictures config.

5. ok

6. Sounds like you don't have a truely MCE compatible remote then. To confirm you ticked [X] Use MCE Remote or keyboard. You could try clicking [X] Use general HID device. Otherwise either consult manufacturer of your remote, or try a 3rd party tool like lmremote. I use lmremote for controlling things with my MCE remote out of MePo. It's very powerful software, not sure why there are not more MP users using it.

7. Once everything is running and you decide you want to stick with mediaportal please consider making a donation ;) every dollar helps us pay for our servers, given your PC cost $600+ maybe $20 or if you can't afford it then $5 or $10 :p you also get donator forum badge.

Last edited:

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    4. At the moment I cannot play any Blu Ray movie. It's recognized by AnyDVD HD but it's not listed in Media Portal anymore. No matter what movie. :(

6/7. I will check that later, first I want to solve the BD problem.

8. I sure will donate! :) The support itself is totally worth it! Thanks kiwi! :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't have a bluray player (or a dvd player) in my HTPC, but I guess you could do the following;

Don't use moving pictures to play blu ray discs
    There is an option in mp config for auto playing inserted dvd's / blurays try that.
    There is also something called play disc under MP Config-plugins, enable that and set it to "in plugins", then try that within MP by navigating home -> plugins -> play disc.

Last edited:

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tried that but nothing happens. Skips back to the plugin menu. :( it worked before and I didn't change anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom