quick instructions on how to go on (1 Viewer)

MaKin

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
First thing I did ^^

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok you need to precisely explain what happens when you insert a disc, what you try to click in mepo and what you see/ expect to happen +/- screenshots

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Let me try to describe it.

I insert the disc and anydvd pops up an "analyzing video" window. Afterwards when I open "Pictures Moving" (PM) the movie is not listed. In anydvd the video is correctly analyzed. When I insert the disc while MePo is running, I am asked whether I want to start the movie. No matter what I choose (yes/no), nothing happens. When I try to start via "Play Disc" it just brings be back to the Plugins Menu.

Yesterday it listed the movie correctly and the playback went perfectly. The first movie I tried today was "Avengers 3D BluRay". Might that be the problem? Being a 3D movie...

The movies that worked flawlessly yesterday aren't recognized either today... :(

Should I reinstall anydvd? I haven't changed anything besides installing powerdvd yesterday (it still worked) and uninstalling it today (after I thought it might be the reason of my problem). :(

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

sorry for not replying for such a long time. Had much stuff going on the last days...

Blu-Ray seems to work again after reinstalling Media Portal. ;)

But I have a new "problem" with A/V Sync. When I watched some episodes of Lost (720p) I noticed a slight delay between A/V and I double checked the settings. I did everything exactly as described in your guide.

When watching the episodes in VLC or directly on TV (internal player) there is no delay noticeable. :(

Any idea?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't use ffdshow or postprocessing. Check the audio delay = 0ms under LAV & MPAR (they both have delay settings). Go through the fullguide not the quick guide. Also go into MPC-HC and right click video properties for the video with problems and video without problems. Paste results for each video.

VLC is immune to bad encodes because it has low quality. eg. if you have a corrupted video, VLC is the best at playing it.

Last edited:

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not enable ffdshow or postprocessing. I went through the full guide. I will check for ffdshow and postprocessing later. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom