Radio Guide Layout Problem (2 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using MP 1.9.0 pre, with aMPed skin with modified XML files provided by @Dadeo, on 32-bit Vista.

Yesterday I noticed that something seems to have gone wrong with the radio EPG, which now looks as shown in the attached screen shots:

(1) Screen shot 1 shows the radio EPG with 8 rows. You will notice that there is no EPG grid or text at all! :confused: For reference, the TV EPG with 8 rows is fine.

(2) Screen shot 2 shows the radio EPG with 10 rows. This is better, but look at the last row in the grid -- it is completely blank. Using the DOWN button repeatedly causes the data to scroll as though there were only 9 rows in the grid. For reference, the TV EPG with 10 rows is fine.

If you look back at some of the radio EPG screen shots that I took for previous problems, they do not show this particular problem; I usually use 10 rows in the EPG, and all 10 rows were visible. So something seems to have changed, but what?

I tried closing and restarting the MP client, but there was no change. I also tried rebooting, but again there was no change. Finally I tried the "DefaultWide" skin, but that has 9 rows and 11 rows as the choices, and the 9-row EPG looked OK.

Have you encountered this problem before? I believe that with one exception, I am using the standard aMPed definition files (as modified by you over the previous few weeks). The one exception is the penultimate line on the radio EPG panel, where I am using an earlier version of the XML file (to make the radio EPG the same as the TV EPG). However, I have just tried the most-recent version that you provided, and that still shows the above problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• radio_guide_8_rows.jpg
      radio_guide_8_rows.jpg
      20.8 KB
    • radio_guide_10_rows.jpg
      radio_guide_10_rows.jpg
      116.2 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Have you encountered this problem before?
    Nope, never seen that :( No clue off the top of my head, and I can't do much at the moment. I fell off my roof and broke both legs so it will be a while before I can spend more than a few minutes on my computer. Only thing I can think of is to check error.log and mediaportal.log to see if you can spot anything at the time you open the Radio EPG.

One other 'trick' would be to select different settings in aMPedConfig - e.g. select 4x3 or True 4x3 screensize. Although some things will be distorted, at least you can test if the problem is consistent regardless of screensize and font size settings.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I fell off my roof and broke both legs
    Ouch! :confused: It is going to be a difficult few weeks. Best wishes for your recovery.

Only thing I can think of is to check error.log and mediaportal.log to see if you can spot anything at the time you open the Radio EPG. One other 'trick' would be to select different settings in aMPedConfig - e.g. select 4x3 or True 4x3 screensize. Although some things will be distorted, at least you can test if the problem is consistent regardless of screensize and font size settings.
    Two or three weeks ago, the radio EPG looked OK, so this problem is (probably) something that I have done, but I cannot think what! I will have a look at the logs to see if anything looks unusual, and see what happens with 4x3.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Yesterday I noticed that something seems to have gone wrong with the radio EPG, which now looks as shown in the attached screen shots
    Strangely, this problem seems to have vanished, and the radio EPG panel now appears correctly again.

I did not consciously change anything to fix this. The only changes that I have made in recent weeks have been TV Server configuation options relating to EPG grabbing, but it seems improbable that those changes would have affected this problem. :confused:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Screen shot 1 [in previous post] shows the radio EPG with 8 rows. You will notice that there is no EPG grid or text at all! :confused: For reference, the TV EPG with 8 rows is fine.
    I have discovered the cause of this problem -- there is a typographic error in the file "MyRadioGuide.xml". Towards the end of this file there is an <include> tag for a file called "MyAdioGuide.8lines.xml". This should (of course) be "MyRadioGuide.8lines.xml".

I have corrected this on my production system, and the 8-line radio EPG now appears. However, it appears and scrolls as a 7-line grid (not as an 8-line grid), so there remains some other problem with the radio EPG. :(

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    is the 8 line the Header date and times?
    Amped supports an 8-line EPG and a 10-line EPG, but these numbers refer to the number of data lines in the EPG grid, and do not include the header/time line for the grid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom