Radio makes GUI freeze (Fixed..) (1 Viewer)

ElvisMcDuck

Portal Member
July 24, 2005
Skedsmokorset
Home Country
Norway Norway
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-12)
MediaPortal Skin: RealMP
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
Video Codec: InterVideo Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Clocked to 2,2 Ghz)
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: MS-7125 (MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD)
TV Card Model: Ati 550 pro
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 6.14.10.102
Video Card Model: Tul Corporation, Radeon X600 Pro (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 8.203.00
Video Card Resolution: 992x558
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: 5.10.0.5890
Synopsis::

When I start mediaportal the screen does not update. I am starting in fullscreen mode and are not using the "new" start up screen.
I am able to choose for example "My TV", nothing happens on the screen but I can do it by counting presses on the remote The sound from TV will start while the startup page just sits there.

If I press "alt+enter" to exit fullscreenmode the screen will update and the problem is solved until next time I restart mediaportal.

I have tried with both the MCE skin and RealMP which is the one I am using.

See next post :D

ElvisMcDuck

Portal Member
July 24, 2005
Skedsmokorset
Home Country
Norway Norway
OK got it!! But don't have a clue what to do with it.

It is the radio app that hangs my screen.
I had set a radio chanel to start playing on startup and this hung my screen.

In the MP log I found this error:
24.01.2006 22:59:56 VideoCaptureDevice:FAILED:could not set capture Framesize to 720x576!
24.01.2006 22:59:56 VideoCaptureDevice:FAILED:could not set preview Framesize to 720x576!

The same thing happens if uncheck the "favourite chanel" in setup and go manually to "My radio" and chooses a chanel.
The screen will hang and I have to change windowsize or toggle fullscreen to get it going again.

But if I choose a radiostream the error does not occur.
Could it be that the stream do have a visualization while the radio chanel do not, but MP still tries to render the non existing vis.? :?:

Well to sum things up, Whenever I choose a radio chanel the screen will stop being updated, until I change the windowsize. But this is only the first time. After I have changed the windowsize once, everything works again.
I can now change radiochanels without anything going wrong.
And if I choose a radiostream there is no problem.

I have a fresh install of 0.2.0.RC2 with CVS from 23.01.06

Any ideas, anyone? Maybe some kind soul could try to reproduce this error and post the result?

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    I believe I have the same problem. If I start a radio station the screen will stop updating. The problem also extends to DVD playback. If I watch a DVD fullscreen and press esc the video freezes and stays on top while the small overlay preview shows. No other GUI elements are displayed. I cannot get the videoOSD displaying while watching DVD either. Everything works well when playing divx video.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Have you tried a diff. skin (MCE or Bluetwo)? In CVS only these two are usually up to date and are maintained, so other skins (like RealMP) might give you problems if your using CVS versions.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There are lots of MP users reporting this problem - it is also reported here and here..... :(

I don't know whether the problem is unique to a particular setup (hardware configuration), but many people seem to be getting the same problem - even with the default BlueTwo and MCE skins that come with each CVS.

I would love to hear from any of the MP developers if they are able to reproduce this problem, or if they need some more information?...... :D

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    I found a different solution to the problem. I installed an older build of MP before support for VMR7 was removed. In the configuration VMR7 was selected. I changed these settings to VMR9 renderless and then upgraded to the most recent build and voíla. I don't know if this would solve the problem for other people but this worked for me.

The error occured on a fresh installed system and I'm thinking perhaps some code is still looking for the VMR-setting but since it cannot be set in the new builds the value is empty resulting in this error. Just an idea.

ElvisMcDuck

Portal Member
    July 24, 2005
    Skedsmokorset
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks Raven :D

Reinstalling and changing to VMR9 solved it for me.
    I can now use the latest CVS and radio works again thanks a lot.

Corve

Portal Member
    September 27, 2005
    I have the same issue, in radio & music modules... this solution solve the problem but i can't upgrade to a CVS after 01-15-06 (remove of VMR7). It's not working at all.

so thank you Raven to found the problem's cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom