Radio Time (TuneIn) Stations "Not Supported" (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my favourite radio sations are listed as "Not Supported", see screen shot below, and will not play in MP although if I login to TuneIn via my browser all my favourites play without problems. I do not use this plugin very often but I do know that in the past those stations did work. Any explanation or help would be most appreciated.

tuneIn-1.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the above:-
    My OS is Win 11 pro, MP 1.33 x64, Radio Time pluging installed from x64 MP Extensions Manager.
    Logs for a playback of a working station and the selection and failure of a "Not Supported" one are attached below.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_RANDOM_24_03_24_23_55.zip
      1.7 MB
    Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Logs for a playback of a working station and the selection and failure of a "Not Supported" one are attached below.
    It’s strange, but I see only one attempt to start the radio, and it is successful, I don’t see an unsuccessful attempt in the log. And the plugin itself does not mark radio stations as not supported, this is clearly done by the aggregator (perhaps this is simply a return of the name of the song or something else and not the very fact that the station is not supported).

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Not supported, it seems to be about the genre/style in the radio station

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I tried to check these stations at home, but I couldn’t even find them.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don’t see an unsuccessful attempt in the log.
    The 1st screenshot below shows the error I get when attempting to play a Not Supported station.

I tried to check these stations at home, but I couldn’t even find them.

Well they are certainly available on the TuneIn website, see 2nd screenshot below.

Is it simply that the plugin is out of date and no longer fully compatible with the provider?

rt-1.jpgrt-2.jpg

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Is it simply that the plugin is out of date and no longer fully compatible with the provider?
    I wouldn’t say so, it uses the API, and everything that the API gives it can give us. But if the API does not provide what is on the site, then the plugin is powerless. Give me a link to this radio, I’ll try to add it to my favorites and watch it.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But if the API does not provide what is on the site, then the plugin is powerless. Give me a link to this radio, I’ll try to add it to my favorites and watch it
    Here is the URL for BBC Radio 4 provided via TuneIn Desktop app. where it plays without problem and was found using the search function (bbc radio) but from the MP plugin "Search" it is not found, furthmore the remove from favourites option does not work for exisiting favourites although if deleted in the desktop app it is also no longer shown in the MP plugin, if included again in the desktop app favourites it reappears in MP but still not supported!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    BBC Radio 4 provided via TuneIn Desktop app
    I looked, the API returns the following string to this radio:
    XML:
    <outline type="audio" text="93.5 | BBC Radio 4 - Not Supported" URL="http://cdn-cms.tunein.com/service/Audio/notcompatible.enUS.mp3" guide_id="s25419" subtext="No compatible stream" genre_id="g255" key="unavailable" item="station" image="http://cdn-profiles.tunein.com/s25419/images/logoq.jpg?t=842" preset_number="19" preset_id="s25419" is_preset="true"/>
    And by clicking on the link we get something like this: https://cdn-cms.tunein.com/service/Audio/notcompatible.enUS.mp3
    The reason has been found, now we need to find why this is so.

Try this...

Attachments

• RadioTime-Test.zip
      103.5 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try this...
    No appararant change, BBC Radio 4 is still not supported even after removing it from favourites in the Desktop TuneIn app and re-adding it, also see screenshot of BBC Radio 1 new addition to favourites via desktop. Note "Search" in MP finds neither.

rt-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom