RadioTime plugin 1.0.1.X for MP 1.4/1.5/1.6 (21-01-2014) (1 Viewer)

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Regarding the error "Plugin Manager: Plugin RadioTimePlugin.RadioTimePluginGUI is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: RadioTimePlugin.dll)" I've found that if you copy the encrypted password in MediaPortal.xml from another computer you get this error. I use BackupSettings to keep my clients config in sync but need to remove the password and enter it again on every computer to be able to use RadioTime. I see the security logic not to be able to copy an encrypted password between computers but perhaps the plugin could clear the password if it's incorrect instead of disable the plugin?

Sounds good.
    Encryption is indeed computer specific. I will add this logic, for clearing password upon error.
    Thanks for this info.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    AFAIK no password is needed for TuneIn - at least I don´t have one and can listen to any stream ;)

hi,
    if you want your Presets stations view correct , like in there web ... you need password :p
    it's free ..:D

Edit:
    OOPS yoav was faster ... :ROFLMAO:

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Regarding the error "Plugin Manager: Plugin RadioTimePlugin.RadioTimePluginGUI is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: RadioTimePlugin.dll)" I've found that if you copy the encrypted password in MediaPortal.xml from another computer you get this error. I use BackupSettings to keep my clients config in sync but need to remove the password and enter it again on every computer to be able to use RadioTime. I see the security logic not to be able to copy an encrypted password between computers but perhaps the plugin could clear the password if it's incorrect instead of disable the plugin?

Sounds good.
    Encryption is indeed computer specific. I will add this logic, for clearing password upon error.
    Thanks for this info.

OK, new version is up.
    @Elof - testing that the bug is fixed will be appreciated ;)

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi yoavain,

I've installed 1.0.0.56 on both master and copy client but I still get the error until I manually remove the encrypted password from MediaPortal.xml on the copy client. Did I install the correct version?

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi yoavain,

I've installed 1.0.0.56 on both master and copy client but I still get the error until I manually remove the encrypted password from MediaPortal.xml on the copy client. Did I install the correct version?
    yep. correct version. could you attach logs. I guess I did not reproduce it here after all...

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the update!

One really annoying thing.. Can you please fix the name of the Dutch language file? It's been there as long as I can remember 'nl .xml' with a space between nl and .xml.. Reported a lot of times.. So please, fix this in master.. Now I need to change it every time after an update..

Thanks! :)

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks for the update!

One really annoying thing.. Can you please fix the name of the Dutch language file? It's been there as long as I can remember 'nl .xml' with a space between nl and .xml.. Reported a lot of times.. So please, fix this in master.. Now I need to change it every time after an update..

Thanks! :)
    Well, first time since I'm in chargeo_O
    Will fix this for next version.

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    yep. correct version. could you attach logs. I guess I did not reproduce it here after all...
    My bad, turns out I upgraded on one client and restored to another... With 1.0.0.56 everything works perfectly and the password, if wrong encryption, is cleared. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom