Random crashes (1 Viewer)

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i uninstalled everything and made a fresh installation of rc4 and moving pictures and so far it works fine :/

sorry for all the fuss if i encounter the problem again i will save the log file

flyte

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just to chime in; I too have experienced this random lockup with moving pictures, but it only happened after I switched from the default skin, to something else - Monochrome, XFace, - these are the only two that I use.

It never happened when using the original Blue skin.

I am unable to provide logs at the moment.

Also, I notice that it is very slow when scrolling through the movies. It is slightly faster when I use the default Blue skin, however it is slow enough that it makes me want to use My Videos over MovingPictures.

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Finally had time to reproduce the problem tonight.

RC4 / .6.1 / StreamedMP skin.

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Just to chime in; I too have experienced this random lockup with moving pictures, but it only happened after I switched from the default skin, to something else - Monochrome, XFace, - these are the only two that I use.

It never happened when using the original Blue skin.

I am unable to provide logs at the moment.

Also, I notice that it is very slow when scrolling through the movies. It is slightly faster when I use the default Blue skin, however it is slow enough that it makes me want to use My Videos over MovingPictures.

same thing over here, i get a lockup every time i scroll my collection. it never happened before i modded my skin (nothing fancy, just turning fan art off and putting in a different backgorund), now it happens every time i load up the plugin.

i'll up a log tomorrow.

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    I created an issue for this (233). I will try to reproduce it consistently this evening.

Also -- I would like to determine if this is a skin issue (streamedmp). Can someone who has a solid running moving pictures let me know what skin they are using so I can try and reproduce my problem while using that?

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The problem I reported in this thread about MP is crashing on DVD stop has fortunately nothing to do with Moving Pictures.
    I was able to reproduce this bug with Moving Pictures disabled.

It is a bug in RC4 together with Minidisplay and EQ option. If I disabled EQ in minidisplay I get no more crashes.

I know this is not the same you have discussed regarding GUI crashes but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom