Rate Dialog shown after watching each part of a multi-part file (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I couldn't find if this issue has been reported before or not, but when I play movies with multi-part files, the Trakt Rating dialog displays after the first file is finished playing, even though I use the MP convention '-CD1' '-CD2' to autoplay the second file. It happens in both My Videos and My Films. Is it possible to only display it when the movie is actually marked as 'watched' ?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Dadeo, possibly a bug, I will look into it when I have time to setup the test scenario. If you dont mind, can you raise an issue on github so I dont forget to look into it ;)

Thanks

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I couldn't find if this issue has been reported before or not, but when I play movies with multi-part files, the Trakt Rating dialog displays after the first file is finished playing, even though I use the MP convention '-CD1' '-CD2' to autoplay the second file. It happens in both My Videos and My Films. Is it possible to only display it when the movie is actually marked as 'watched' ?

I have the same issue here.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey guys,

Having a look at the My Films handler I noticed that we only call the Rate Dialog if the MyFilms sends the OnWatched event, in my opinion this should not be fired if the movie is not considered watched.

I could work around it I guess, but it would be nice to only receive this event when the last part of a multi-part file is considered watched. If not it would be helpful to be able to identify if the movie is multi-part and and what part it is from the MFMovie object.

Are you also experiencing a scrobble (watched) event after each part is watched? It seems like you would if you get the rate dialog.

Dadeo, can you please direct Guzzi to this thread as well so we can discuss or via private chat.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hmmm, actually, looking into MyFilms code, all is "intended" right:
    Code:
            if (ended || (stopped && playTimePercentage >= 80))
            {
              if (MovieWatched != null && MyFilms.conf.AllowTraktSync)
              {
                MovieWatched(movie);
                LogMyFilms.Debug("UpdateOnPlayEnd(): Fired 'MovieWatched' event with movie = '" + movie.Title + "'");
              }
            }
    So the MovieWatched event should only be fired if either the film ended or was stopped after more than 80% runtime.
    I looked into trakt code, there the myfilms handler correctly only launches the rating dialog when MovieWatched is received, not e.g. for MovieStopped.
    So it looks, like there might be a problem with runtime calculation of multi part movies - might be caused by changes in VDB.
    Will have to look into it...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Ok, debugged the code and can confirm, that MyFilms sends the MovieWatched also after "parts" - caused by the "ended" state of the player.
    I agree with Damien, this should be fixed in MyFilms. I will do that with target to MyFilms 6.0.2 matinenance release.
    @ltfearme: Sorry for trouble...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Guzzi,

That's no problem, I will need to look into my videos handling anyway as that doesn't have a watched event.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thanks Guzzi,

That's no problem, I will need to look into my videos handling anyway as that doesn't have a watched event.
    You'll probably need to duplicate some code from Deda to handle that properly - and due to changes between MP1.2.x and MP1.3.x need reflection to use it ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom