[no Bug] RC1/RC2 - IMON VFD doesn't Work anymore (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK I have spoken to one of the devs. Apparently Soundgraph have changed the way their APIs work in later releases of the drivers but have not supplied us any info to make it work :(

So the advice is to stick with version 7.6

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What happened to the Soundgraph devs working with the MediaPortal team? I remember reading something about that a while ago. Soundgraph changed their mind?

Their development team would have to be the worst I've ever seen for keeping to a roadmap. I keep an eye on their "To Do List" which is the roadmap for the imon VFD/IR drivers. Many features including MediaPortal support were slated for November/December last year and keep getting pushed back. Currently they're pushed back 8 months to July this year but every time I check they push things back a month. Almost everything gets pushed back - not just a few things.

I expect MediaPortal support implemented by the Soundgraph devs in 2013 :p

Best option is to disable the VFD and use old drivers so the Imon remote works. The VFD looks terrible anyway really. They do have a beta out now but I wouldn't suggest trying it with MediaPortal.

UPDATE:
    LOL
    Just checked their "ToDO list". Most "fixes" and features like MediaPortal support have been pushed back already. This time there is no date given. They are a joke. One of the bugs is a basic function in Win7 that doesn't work. The program is supposed to trigger at startup and turn the VFD off. You can do it manually. Apparently they can't fix this simple bug in a year. I revise my MediaPortal support estimate from 2013 to never. Soundgraph devs are not capable of it (even though community MP developers have managed to support the display via minidisplay without too much trouble).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom