[confirm] RC3 cant play divx and avi files unless video codec set to MPC MPeg2 decoder (1 Viewer)

Cooler

Portal Member
May 31, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
the same problem on windows 7 but wen installing rc2 and then upgrade it works agian

KevL

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Upgrade to RC4 from RC3 does not change this issue. I haven't yet tried installing RC2 over the top and then re-upgrading to RC3 and then RC4.

I'm not sure I want to risk potential issues that this strategy might cause - i.e. RC4 is the best most stable version of MP for ages. Would I break it if I tried RC2 downgrade etc.

Is there any ideas about what the cause of this might be?

Is there any link to issues with mediainfo.dll or is that an unrelated issue?

Kev

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Is there any link to issues with mediainfo.dll or is that an unrelated issue?

Personally I have no idea, but if you can test RC4 with the version of MediaInfo.dll from RC2 and confirm, this would be good.

Mark

Cooler

Portal Member
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i did a clean instal of rc4 bud instalt the plugins tv series and moving pictures agian it broke did not play a thing then i disabled moving pictures an tv series plugin that give me video agian then i deleted tv series database en redit it then it all workt fine running 24/7 here

hoop it helps greets ;)

moving pictures plugin still does not work

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Hi Cooler

There may be clue in there for the devs but I have this problem and I have not installed moving pictures.

I'll try to get hold of mediainfo.dll from rc2 tomorrow.

K

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Swapped the mediainfo.dll from RC4 to that from RC2 (0.7.27). Bug reamains. Presumably not a mediainfo issue.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom