RDP general (1 Viewer)

GigaKirk

Portal Member
April 2, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi.

Could you make the product more "friendlier" to Remote Desktop/RDP please?
Everytime connecting to a MediaPortal/TV-Server PC with it, the RDP connection
hangs.

Keep up the great work !

BR

:D

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have you tried one of the many VNC variants available?

Like UltraVNC, RealVNC, etc ... I use RealVNC. Works a treat, though screen updates are a little slow.

Cheers,

GigaKirk

Portal Member
    April 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yes.. I know those, but was merely considered to RDP :)

Thanks for the reply thou.:D

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    RDP doesn't support DirectX, MP needs DirectX so you can't use MP in an RDP session.

As above you'll have to use VNC or other remote control software.

GigaKirk

Portal Member
    April 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

Sorry that's not what I ment.
    I ment if I'd like to get a RDP session to The PC running MP via LAN, the RDP session hangs on the PC running the MP. Just to get into it while the MP and TV services run on it. Bad nic drivers perhaps ?

BR

jojjal

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    RDP is a "driver/session" not a brodcast of what is happening on your other monitor/screen.... it is not the same....

Therefore it will hang if u start a MP session..... RDP cant present mp´s actions..

Ynot

Portal Member
    August 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    as long as you uncheck "start MP automatically when windows starts"
    (and stick a link to MP in startup on your main account)
    you can login via remote desktop without any problems

also, as the databases are available across all accounts
    you can even edit them while MP is running on your TV

Leon_Gjerland

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I use RDP to manage my media PC. When connected I just press Alt-F4 to close MP. The RDP-session is not hanging, it only does'nt show anything. And when I am done I restart and MP is up and going.

---------
    Leon

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added...
    Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation. However one of...
    Replies
    Views
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.35 - Horizon x86 and x64 version. Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix FrameGrabbing for EVR [MP1-5222] - TV Server: Fix ISO-8859-10/14 DVB text encodings [MP1-5224] - Fix Card "CancelTune" request Since Pre-Release : New: Since Pre-Release : Improvement / Rework...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.35 - Horizon x86 and x64 version. Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.35 - Horizon x86 and x64 version. Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom