Re-Launch of MP EPG Downloader (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can confirm that the problem is with MP EPG and not MediaPortal! A dude at work knows SQL and we did some searching for phrases from the xmltv file inside SQL and the information did not exist. So MP EPG works as far as downloading and all that stuff, it’s the function of putting the programdata to the SQL that don’t work. In my case it is Microsoft SQL Express version 9.0.4053.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried reinstalling MP and this time used MySQL, plugin still dont work.
    Anyone have this version running and workin at all?

If not, anyone have a previous version that is working? And if you do, can I please have a copy?

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i will search my old HDD for another version, but will take few days...

the new version seems not to work, but i can't figure out the problem... perhaps it's not fully compatible with 1.0.2 :(

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you OnkelChris but stop looking. I went with WebEPG as an alternative and it works just fine.
    If ever there comes out a working version of this one I will go back, bu nevermind for now.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ? i do use webEPG too. webEPG grabs the data and creates the TvGuide.xml. BigKevs Downloader imports this data directly to the SQL DB. I'm using MP 1.0.2, so this one is the best solution for me...

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Thank you OnkelChris but stop looking. I went with WebEPG as an alternative and it works just fine.
    If ever there comes out a working version of this one I will go back, bu nevermind for now.

Hi 4Fred,

The EPG downloader is initially configured for version 1.1. this has a slightly different database to 1.0.2. There are a few additional fields in the Program file in the database.

Please try clicking the "Load Fields" button on the Database Mapping page and this should remove any additional fields from the map. Thne save and re-download.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kev

? i do use webEPG too. webEPG grabs the data and creates the TvGuide.xml. BigKevs Downloader imports this data directly to the SQL DB. I'm using MP 1.0.2, so this one is the best solution for me...

Your issue seems to be the same... see above

Mr HA

February 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

My settings are never saved. I have to fill in all info again every time I start the MP EPG Downloader setup. Anyone else having these issues? I am of course pressing the Save button.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

My settings are never saved. I have to fill in all info again every time I start the MP EPG Downloader setup. Anyone else having these issues? I am of course pressing the Save button.

On what operating system?
    To me sounds like Win7/Vista and a UAC problem... try running config program like "Administrator" and see if things are saved.

I found a really really old version before Big_Kev posted the solution for me... so on this really really old version that have been running great for a while now I get this from a few days back:
    -
    Download Started 2009-12-09 20:13:12
    2009-12-09 20:13:13 - EPG Download Failed!: Error=List index out of bounds (0)
    EPG Download Complete - Total 0 program entires downloaded
    2009-12-09 20:13:49 - Next Scheduled Download = 2009-12-10 04:43:00
    -
    Say what?

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I upgraded in hope of solving the above problem, but no...

I add my settiings:
    http://tv.swedb.se/xmltv/channels.xml.gz
    data is zipped
    type = complex
    Program url Template = !!!Base-Url!!!!!!ChannelID!!!_!!!DateString!!!.xml.gz

Hit reset button but now the table with the cahnnels where I do the mappings is not showing...
    so I cant map the channels or anything, the windows is just empty.

I'm on XP.
    I run the latest stable MP 1.0.2 and MP EPG is latest version 0.1.2.1.

Anyone?

Noel

December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Big Kev,

Just installed your excellent program and everything works beautifully with Mediaportal TV Server 1.1. I am using Mediaportal for Free to air DVB-T and Foxtel IQ STB via Component input to Compro E900F. I noticed that with Free to air one can still use the EPG from the MediaPortal EPG Grabber by only checking those channels in TV Server setup. I also noticed that it is impoortant to have different free to air channel names from the Foxtel equivalents. If the same name appears twice in the channel list (eg SBS HD [Free to air] and SBS HD [Foxtel]), only one of them can be mapped. If I have more than one URL in the URL grab List, there does not seem to be a way of removing ones that I no longer want, other than by clearing everything and starting again.

Many thanks for your good work.

Noel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom