Re mapping input on an analog card (1 Viewer)

Pascal Cimon

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello All,

I'm trying to get 2 STB working to be able to watch a show while recording another one on a different channel and also possibly watching 2 show simultaneously via multiple MP client. I'm using a Hauppauge HD PVR and a a Hauppauge Colossus card to do this. Both STB have the exact same line-up so the channel list is identical for both STB which are two Scientific atlanta boxes.

So far I have:
- All channels added and mapped to both analog cards
- Both Analog cards mappings are combined so I have 2 tuning detail per channel
- EPG data loaded and assigned to proper channels so the TV guide looks perfect and recording start at the right time
- IRSS doing a superb job of switching channels on both devices when needed i.e.when I change channels and a show is recording MP switches to the second STB perfectly and channel is imputed to the second STB.

But here is the problem: Both devices use component video which is YRYBY #1 on both devices and TOSLINK for audio. TOSLINK is SPDIF ln #1 on the HD PVR and SPDIF ln #2 on the Colossus. This is because the Colossus also has an HDMI digital input and it get's SPDIF ln #1. This causes the sound to stop working when the wrong tuning detail is chosen.

I was hoping the tuning detail order under the channels would be the same as the card priority I set in the TV Servers which would make sense to me but apparently according to this post it's not the way it works ( a bit surprising that):
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dual-analogue-card-with-2-settop-boxes.103129

I also tried only one tuning detail with "automatic" in the sound input but I get no sound on both card with that option.

So I was wondering, is there any way to re-map inputs one of the analog cards? This way I could switch the SPDIF inputs on the Colossus and have the HDMI on SPDIF ln #2. With both cards TOSLINK on SPDIF ln #1 I only need one tuning detail and all should be good. But before messing around with changing the Pin assignments in the xml configs for the cards in:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\AnalogCard\

I thought I'd ask if this is a terribly bad idea? Or if there is an alternative I missed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom