Satelite/CableTV Provider: None
HTPC Case: SilverStone LC11M
Cooling: Zalman flower
Power Supply: Original provided with case
Remote: MCE
TV: Evesham 32" LCD (Tatung panel)
TV - HTPC Connection: Antenna

Hi Guys,

I did have everything running really nicely on 0.2.3.0. But, TV video started jumping a little - increasing to a point where it is now unwatchable. I have started completely from scratch - hard drive formatted and only the minimum installed to get MP to work, no extra codecs other than ffshow & pure video. DVD and previously recorded video plays no problem at all. It is only TV that is a problem. Shift! on fullscreen shows jitter at 150+ , no frames dropping, VMR9 bouncing between 0 & 50. I think I have included all the logs I should - created from test tool.
I have been trawling the forum for some time trying to work out what the issue is, to no avail. All the good ideas with PCI latency etc.haven't turned anything up.
Any ideas?

Regards

John

Mercurial

Portal Member
September 18, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Tried with and without ffshow
Tried with and without hardware accelerator.
Version of TVE3 running with correct SVN - latest ones seem a bit screwy when reading forum, so haven't got most recent.
But, all was working and gradually deteriated without changing anything.

Tompa,

Have double checked all updates and all are as required.

Have also tried EVR ( .NET3 bits installed) - just get a black screen with that.

Regards

John

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TV video started jumping a little - increasing to a point where it is now unwatchable.

This sounds like poor TV signal level/quality to me - especially as it seems to have deteriorated over time?

Can you check the Fusion Dual Digital with its own application to see if you get the same result, and to see what the signal level and signal quality readings are?

Mercurial

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Antenna system all checked. All DTV boxes in house run good sig levels and good picture. Fusion software (3.63) runs fine (no jitter). Have Fusion signal checker running levels at 80-81%, which is about as good as I have ever had. It just seems to occur when viewing TV through MP.

Did think about going back to using TVE2, but new DVICO unified drivers don't seem to allow TVE2 to see TV card and it is a re-install job to degrade to earlier BDA drivers. But, new drivers were working on TVE3.

I don't seem to be able to eliminate anything - each part seems to be working fine on it's own, stick them together and it's a no-go.

One thing I forgot to mention - in windowed mode, the smaller the window the less the jitter and TV becomes watchable. Fullscreen can freeze completely for seconds at a time. But, Fusion software fullscreen is ok.

Regards

John

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Try uninstalling the MPV\MPA\Gabest codecs using filmerit, they are there, even if you did not install them (come with svn).

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I did have everything running really nicely on 0.2.3.0. But, TV video started jumping a little - increasing to a point where it is now unwatchable. I have started completely from scratch - hard drive formatted and only the minimum installed to get MP to work, no extra codecs other than ffshow & pure video. DVD and previously recorded video plays no problem at all. It is only TV that is a problem. Shift! on fullscreen shows jitter at 150+ , no frames dropping, VMR9 bouncing between 0 & 50. I think I have included all the logs I should - created from test tool.
    I have been trawling the forum for some time trying to work out what the issue is, to no avail. All the good ideas with PCI latency etc.haven't turned anything up.
    Any ideas?
    I'm having the same issue and am perplexed. I like using AC3Filter and have resorted to using DScaler as my most 'stable' video codec over PDVD7, Cyberlink (ATI), PureVideo, HCW... (from Hauupauge), FFDShow, etc. I'm lost as well about why only LIVE TV is jittery -- DVDs and recorded TV are stable.

I've found this to BE the case -- it seems MP has a hard time, or does something to cause this. Maybe it's some default settings we need to adjust, but playing my ATSC tuner card on other players (WatchHDTV, ATi's MMC 9.06.1, or WinTV) result in stable viewing. MY new system is Abit AN-M2HD with the 7050PV/630a NVidia chipset, BE-2350 X2 core, 2GB and lots o' HDD space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom