[no Bug] Really slow programming a recording (2 Viewers)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you confirm what steps you are going to select a recording? From your logs I can not see which screens you are going to.

I think from your logs you have TV set to turn on as soon as you open TV. Can you turn this option off and replicate this in debug mode.

Also can you confirm how you are trying to schedule a recording, is this from EPG, is this from a search?

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm starting MP, go to the TV option in the main menu. Click OK, then TV screen opens. TV is not automatically turned on. Select TV Guide, click OK. Scroll with arrows through TV Guide, select a program with the OK button. And in the screen that appears after this, I click OK on the program to schedule it.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Could you try and gather logs again. Those attached above do not seem to reflect what you are saying above

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you try and gather logs again. Those attached above do not seem to reflect what you are saying above

If I run MP in debug mode, it crashes when I try to exit it. So maybe that's why you don't see what is happening.
    But maybe the new logs contain enough information.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Can you check the file permissions of that file? It is not set as read-only or anything is it?

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't have a MediaPortal.xml file. Only MediaPortalDirs.xml.

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Really slow programming a recording

if it can helps, i have the same problem on 1.1 RC4. The crazy things is that if i go on "advance record" and choose for example "each time on this channel" it can last many minutes. Do not have this problem on 1.0.2. Disk Activity is quite cool. i'm also on mysql (my 1.0.2 was on sql express).

EDIT :

Good news !

My zapping time was quite slow (10sec) and i was searching on forum why. I found that nod32 antivirus could be the cause. Then i disabled it and zapping becomes really fast... then i though in my head (where else :D ) "could it be the same problem for record scheduling ??

and YES is the answer !

I found 2 thread (where you are jameson_uk) that hev this problem... then we could ask the people that have the problem to disable their av and try again !
    They can even only exclude MP paths from Av scanning !

No problem before with mp 1.0.2, something has changed into MP that disturbs NOD32 which is an excellent av !

HTH

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, that is indeed the answer! Nod32 disabled and it goes fast again! So something goes wrong with that.

Now I have excluded the directories (the progam files dir and the program data dir of MP (client and server). Don't know which specific dir I have to exclude... does anybody have a clue?

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Really slow programming a recording

I did not take any risk :
    I excluded
    prog file/team MP
    doc&set/app data/team
    timeshift and recording folder (on d: for me)

Do not worry, you do not really need to be more precise, i a virus comes, it will have to go to other places where NOD will find him.
    MP startup also faster, it seems MP is using a new feature nod do not like !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom