[no Bug] Really slow programming a recording (1 Viewer)

Makaveli

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
marking as no bug

Mmm is that correct? Because older versions of MP didn't have this problem! So this is a regression of the MP code..

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    marking as no bug

Mmm is that correct? Because older versions of MP didn't have this problem! So this is a regression of the MP code..
    I have taken AV software off HTPC as it was causing issues. When this happened to me with NOD32 I found that an automatic update from NOD32 caused the problem and a subsequent one fixed it again.

You would need to check with ESET as to why their software is doing this

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use the microsoft security essentials and noticed the same issue util I excluded various MP folders....

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just came across this thread, searching for the same issue in MP 1.60 (and earlier). In my case, I have Avast AV running, and excluding the list of directories in this thread, plus the MySQL path has brought the delay of pressing "record" in the record dialog box down to about 8 seconds, which is much more acceptable. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to help optimize this? I ran the "mysqlcheck --user=root --pass=MediaPortal --auto-repair MPTVDB" and found no issues. Are there any indexes on the tables being used by stored procedures?

I have approximately 260 TV channels, and about 90 radio channels along with 14 days of guide data, so I'm sure my configuration is probably a bit larger than most people's. :)

I should also add that I am still using MySQL 5.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom