"Recently Added" option (1 Viewer)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
The MyMovies plugin has a sub-menu called "Recently Added" which show the movies which were added to the system in the past X days/weeks (period can be set in the configuration). Is it possible to have the same in the TvSeries plugin to show the TV episodes added in (say) the last month?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There are existing views, and you can modify the SQLite database to create custom views.

Series can be moved between views via the GUI context menu, and you can put series under multiple views.

MP-TVSeries main view can be modified to use views, so that all your views are listed. That is how I use mine, and custom order is possible. Manual view changes can be done via the side-menu option (top one for me, forgot title), which is how I change to the list showing the TV-shows not assigned to a view yet.

Cannot remember offhand if there is a date-restrictions though, but the custom SQL view allows many options to be used in filtering.

Personally I rely on the "Now" view (alphabetically sorted via "0.Now" to appear at the top) for shows I'm following daily/weekly, and then a "Later" view for those shows I just don't have the time for, and then "Ended" (sorted 3rd via "3.Ended") for TV shows already cancelled/concluded that I still have to start watching but where the status is set to "(Ended)" already.

Then finally I have a few genre views, such as "Cooking shows", "Reality TV", "Sitcoms", etc.

Within each view shows are blue if all episodes are watched, and white if they contain unwatched episodes (modified Titan skin).

By only viewing media-on-disk episodes and hiding the missing ones (orange color), and by utilizing the "delete from disk" after watching an episode on a TV show I do not care to rewatch, the shows dissapear from the view when I am caught up, so only those I still have to watch, or care to retain for a future binge-rewatch are listed.

Manually removing a series from a view (especially those I want to retain), puts them back into the hidden "ALL" view, which is what I manually do on shows on hiatus.

Works well for me in a multi-user environment even, but possibly might work for you, or supply suggestions if your desired functionality is missing (just don't expect results if devs find issue difficult to implement, or see no use-case)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2011
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There are existing views, and you can modify the SQLite database to create custom views.

That confuses me. "views"? I go into MP-TVSeries and it takes me straight into the alphabetical listing of the shows I have; no views.

Series can be moved between views via the GUI context menu, and you can put series under multiple views.

Again, I do not remember seeing any of this. <confused/>

MP-TVSeries main view can be modified to use views, so that all your views are listed. That is how I use mine, and custom order is possible. Manual view changes can be done via the side-menu option (top one for me, forgot title), which is how I change to the list showing the TV-shows not assigned to a view yet.

Cannot remember offhand if there is a date-restrictions though, but the custom SQL view allows many options to be used in filtering.

Personally I rely on the "Now" view (alphabetically sorted via "0.Now" to appear at the top) for shows I'm following daily/weekly, and then a "Later" view for those shows I just don't have the time for, and then "Ended" (sorted 3rd via "3.Ended") for TV shows already cancelled/concluded that I still have to start watching but where the status is set to "(Ended)" already.

Then finally I have a few genre views, such as "Cooking shows", "Reality TV", "Sitcoms", etc.

Within each view shows are blue if all episodes are watched, and white if they contain unwatched episodes (modified Titan skin).

By only viewing media-on-disk episodes and hiding the missing ones (orange color), and by utilizing the "delete from disk" after watching an episode on a TV show I do not care to rewatch, the shows dissapear from the view when I am caught up, so only those I still have to watch, or care to retain for a future binge-rewatch are listed.

Manually removing a series from a view (especially those I want to retain), puts them back into the hidden "ALL" view, which is what I manually do on shows on hiatus.

OK, I really need to brush up on all of this. Is there anywhere which describes how to do what you have just described above? I am happy to read instruction manuals/cookbooks and not have it drip-fed, but boy do I desperately need somewhere to start.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I use MP1 as well :)

But my HTPC is in living room and my clone monitor in office is disconnected from it. Can power the HTPC on remote and RDP into it, but morons on new tech decided that if no active monitor is connected that POST will lock-up, and receiver/TV being powered down don't count as active.

Anyway, there are options somewhere to activate views, or tags, whatever it was called.

Allow me some time to fix dinner, and i will fire up HTPC and can then make screen-shots, or at least describe where you need to be,

Neoculture

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2011
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    <bow>I'm not worthy</bow>

But really, thank you. BTW, my set-up is a home-built HTPC with a small LCD screen status display, hooked up via HDMI to an Amplifier and a TV. The shows/movies themselves reside on one (soon to be two) file servers in a completely different room. And since I'm at work right now (GMT+10) it may be a while before I can try what you disclose anyway. :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Lot of combinations are possible :)

Got sidetracked yesterday, but probably at this point easier if you try a few thing.

Now that I took the time to locate Google Code articles on Web Archive, the dbase locations are specified @ FAQ - mptvseries - Frequently Asked Questions. - MP-TVSeries: plug-in for organizing TV shows in MediaPortal - Google Project Hosting

https://windows-cdn.softpedia.com/screenshots/MP-TVSeries_4.png

Adjust view to "ViewTags", and edit the entries such as "Favorites" to include your favorite shows... then the "ViewTags" view would show "All", "Favorites", etc. and their assigned shows. You can assign a show via GUI (F9 if memory serves me, but I use a button on my remote), or use the "Add" button to quickly add your shows.

As stated before, a show can be in multiple views, and will obviously automatically be added to the "All" view. By editing the SQL database you can then make additional changes to more complex views that are not manually decided, but automatically determined such as on resolution requirements to put your 4K shows in a "4K" view.

To give you insight into how I use it, I will have to find time to remember to fire up my HTPC, RDP into it, and copy the respected table values for you to examine. If you are already experienced in SQL then you can probably quickly see how the system works based on the existing rules (and I am pretty sure myself and others have shared this info before on the forum, so a few searches might also yield answers). The format is pseudo-SQL on the views, and easy to understand once you see an entry and know what the GUI results are.

SINCowboy

Portal Member
    September 3, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is it possible to have the same in the TvSeries plugin to show the TV episodes added in (say) the last month?

I think what you are asking for is already baked in. Depending on the skin, you may need to do something different to bring up the "menu" while in TVSeries, but in Titan I use left arrow to open the menu and "Change Views" is the first item on the list. Then select "RecentlyAdded"

You can change the settings for the views in the MP-TV Series configuration window (I use shortcut from desktop but you can also get there by opening MediaPortal configuration => Plugins => MP-TV Series => Config). After you have opened MP-TV Series Configuration, the fifth tab (Views/Filters) allows you to modify the views you have available, and the fourth tab (General) has a setting at the bottom that allows you to define "Recently Added" by number of days. I can't remember the default - I have mine set to 90 days

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The MyMovies plugin has a sub-menu called "Recently Added" which show the movies which were added to the system in the past X days/weeks (period can be set in the configuration). Is it possible to have the same in the TvSeries plugin to show the TV episodes added in (say) the last month?

1. Open the database (%ProgramData%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3);
    2. Update the Views table, as seen in the below picture from <today-7> to <today-30>:

upload_2019-4-22_16-17-57.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom