Record automatically by name (2 Viewers)

Johannes Franke

January 11, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is any plugin or built-in functionality to record broadcasts by name, no matter when or on what channel they are.
In order to achieve that, the EPG would have to be scanned regularly for a user-defined set of names or fractions of names, and all matching broadcasts should be put into the recording timers list so they get recorded when their time has come.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not find anything close in the plugins yet. The purpose is to record certain movies or episodes of series even if they are not on the EPG at the moment. It is not urgent enough to buy them on media, however, I keep forgetting to regularly search the EPG myself so why not let the machine do the work?

Regards,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for this new release of MP. The link on the presentation page of the new version is incorrect. It goes on the MP 1.24 thread.
Thanks for this new release of MP. The link on the presentation page of the new version is incorrect. It goes on the MP 1.24 thread.
We have just released MediaPortal 1.25 Final - Summer 2020 Edition Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4966] - Update...
Replies
Views
I am attaching my file that I use for grabbing my local stations in Palm Beach County Florida. It works but you have to save it in a separate folder in your main hard drive. I save it in the "Program Data" directory on my C drive and call it Team MediaPortal Grabber. The reason is that every time you upgrade the new install...
I am attaching my file that I use for grabbing my local stations in Palm Beach County Florida. It works but you have to save it in...
I am attaching my file that I use for grabbing my local stations in Palm Beach County Florida. It works but you have to save it in...
Replies
Views
Great, glad to read you’ll implement support.
Great, glad to read you’ll implement support.
Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
Replies
Views
MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom