Recorded TV lists shows/files deleted outside of MP (1 Viewer)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I tend to delete files from HDDs in bulk (i.e. a series I no longer want). This has never been an issue for the MP database in previous releases but recently I've found thar after deleting a .ts and .xml 'pair' from a HDD I can go into Recorded TV and oddly enough it's still listed! Selecting it (to play) yeilds a pop-up indicating the file isn't there, playable (I don't recall the exact message). In previous releases this would not occur as (I can only speculate that) the database would confirm the files' existance during some point either as, or before 'Recorded TV' was selected. (e.g. when a file (TV show) shows up in the Recorded TV it is actually on the HDD and could be played.)

Did you change this to increase speed? Is this a bug? Can you include a user option to run import or something similar to resolve this?

Thanks

mrkk

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Also noticed this and it's annoying atleast...

Cause used to be the fastest way to delete whole series...

Update: Yeah, sorry. Mine also started to behave like this after upgrade to 1.8

Last edited:

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Thanks for confirming my observation! Now, it'll be up to the developers to write this up as a bug to address possible solutions.

Do I need to do something to elevate this, or do the devs seek out all new threads?

UPDATE: I was reading the update logs and this issue may be related to the fix https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/i#browse/MP1-4457 that may have been implemented without evaluating various side effect considerations.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    UPDATE: I was reading the update logs and this issue may be related to the fix https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/i#browse/MP1-4457 that may have been implemented without evaluating various side effect considerations.
    Yes, recordings are no longer deleted from the database automatically on entering the recorded TV section to workaround the issue you linked above... but you can still delete invalid recordings manually using the "clean up" button.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, recordings are no longer deleted from the database automatically on entering the recorded TV section to workaround the issue you linked above... but you can still delete invalid recordings manually using the "clean up" button.
    I am still setting up my MP 1.8.0 installation, and have not yet got around to arranging my media libraries. But the action described above (automatically deleting from the database the programme information for programmes that reside on unpowered USB disks) is one of the things that annoys me about Windows Media Center. I approve of the change made in MP 1.8.0 that requires manual action by the user to remove database info for files deleted outside MP.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mrkk

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have to say that these scenarios didn't even come to my mind. But makes sense:)

It's no biggie to press cleanup, now if I just find it, I know I've seen it somewhere...

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    So this Clean-Up button... the WiKi says: "Cleanup: Lets you quickly remove all recorded files." which seems to delete .ts files, not a clean up of the database where entries exist when the files have already been deleted. Can you elaborate as I'd NEVER press Clean-Up based on the description!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom