Recorded TV OSD not showing media info (1 Viewer)

DL144

Portal Member
September 14, 2011
Perth
Home Country
Australia Australia
Playing recorded TV files does not show any media info data:
RecordedTV.png

Playing the same file back using the video player shows the media info data as expected:
Videos.png

I am using MP version 1.27 with Titan skin and Argus TV 2.3. The attached log file shows the recorded TV started playing at [2022-03-05 10:19:16,232] and the video started playing at [2022-03-05 10:20:28,070].

Is there any way I can get the media info data displayed when playing from recorded TV?

Thanks.

Attachments

• MediaPortal_Log.zip
    25.6 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using MP version 1.27 with Titan skin and Argus TV 2.3.
    I note that you are using Argus TV. I am not familiar with that. Is it a TV Server that you use in place of MP's TV Server? If so, that may be a factor in what you are seeing.

MP can display an OSD in the following situations:

(1) While watching live TV.
    (2) While watching a TV recording stored in the "Recorded TV" folder.
    (3) While watching a TV recording stored in a "Videos" folder.

The set of media-info icons shown is different in each case (although (2) and (3) differ by only one icon). This is what I see using "Titan" with the MP TV Server:

live_tv.jpg recorded_tv.jpg videos.jpg

As an experiment, I would suggest trying the "DefaultWideHD" skin (DWHD), and takng a screen shot so that you can compare the icons that are visible. Note that each skin author can choose for himself what icon to display for each property, so the icons may be different even though the properties indicated are the same.

For each panel, if the icons displayed by Titan are the same as those displayed by DWHD, there is nothing that you can do to cause more icons to be displayed. However, if Titan displays fewer icons than DWHD, it might be possible to add the missing icons to the relevant skin files. But this depends on how Argus TV affects this. It may be that it is Argus TV that restricts what is available. Also, I believe that Titan is no longer maintained, so you would need to make these changes yourself.

Finally, I notice that your first screen shot has what looks to be an unsubstituted skin variable for the bit rate. In MP, the bit rate is available only for live TV, so is that a screen shot of live TV or of a recording stored in the "Recorded TV" folder?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

DL144

Portal Member
    September 14, 2011
    Perth
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for your reply and your screen shots.

Argus TV is the TV server I use instead of the MP server. It is no longer maintained but so far has been working fine, I use it because it has a very good scheduling system. Note that the icons displayed have been as shown on the screen shots for more than 8 years, they have not just changed recently.

I used the DWHD skin and played the file from Recorded TV. The only other icon I see is the "stereo" icon and there are also "Signal: #TV.Tuner" and "Quality: #TV.Tuner" text strings as well as the "#Play.Current" text string; which you think should only be shown when watching Live TV. It must be an issue with the way Argus TV interacts with MP.

The odd thing is that when I navigate to the same file using the Video player I see all the expected information.

Perhaps I should try a current skin and see if it displays the expected icons, is there one that you could recommend?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I was wondering if the Argus TV client might use different xml skin files than MediaPortal's default TV client however I couldn't find which skin files are in use. Perhaps someone else knows? :)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    there are also "Signal: #TV.Tuner" and "Quality: #TV.Tuner" text strings as well as the "#Play.Current" text string;
    These are unsubstituted skin variables, although the names shown are incomplete; the full names are:

#TV.TuningDetails.SignalLevel​
    #TV.TuningDetails.SignalQuality​
    #Play.Current.TSBitRate​
    The values are provided by the TV Server, so if Argus TV is not making these values available to the MP client, the skin variables will not be substituted.

I notice that DWHD contains xml files that begin "Argus_", so those are presumably files that have been modified to work with Argus TV. The "Ares" skin has those too, but the "Titan" skin does not have those files. However, there do not seem to be any Argus files for the OSDs for live TV, recorded TV, or video. So presumably the standard MP OSD xml files are being used. This is just guesswork, of course, as I don't know how Argus TV interacts with the MP skin engine.
    I regret to say that I think that you are going to be out of luck with this. I am not aware of anyone in the MP team who has Argus TV installed, and there is no development resource available to make changes to the MP skin engine. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom