1.32 Recorded TV playback freezes (1 Viewer)

DL144

Portal Member
September 14, 2011
Perth
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds. I then
need to use the task manager to end the MediaPortal task.

This was happening in V1.27; I upgraded to 1.32 (32 bit) and it is still happening.

I have attached log files of two examples; OSD_Freeze_01 occurred while displaying the OSD using the remote, OSD_Freeze_02 occurred while
displaying the OSD using the keyboard (Y key). You'll notice that I had to display the OSD a number of times before the playback froze.

In normal usage the freeze could happen the first time I display the OSD after having played a recording for some time.

Note that this freezing does not occur every time the OSD is displayed and it also occurs on recordings from different channels.

As a work around I now pause the playback to see the OSD, I have always been able to resume the playback when unpausing.

Any ideas why this is happening?

regards,
Michael

Attachments

• OSD_Freeze_01.zip
    28.6 KB
  • OSD_Freeze_02.zip
    36.6 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any ideas why this is happening?
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.)

I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down the cause of the problem. This means changing a setting that might be the cause, and then using your HTPC for several days to see if the problem is fixed. If it is, then the cause is identified.

A good source of problems are plugins. Not the plugins that are installed and enabled as part of the standard MP install, but those plugins that you download and install yourself. So you should disable a plugin and then use your HTPC for several days to see if the problem is fixed. If not, enable that plugin and disable one of the other plugins, and so on...

However, I notice from your log files that you seem to be using subtitles. I would suggest that the first thing that you should try is disabling the subtitles. Now I realise that if you are hard of hearing, subtitles may be essential to your use of the HTPC. If this is the case, then try disabling all of the other plugins first, and if the problem persists then try disabling subtitles.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom