Recorder:Pid 7c0 Continuity error... 3 ( prev f ) - bad signal? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DragonQ, I think I'd prefer it if you started a new thread. Of course the most important thing you're missing is full log files - without them nobody can help you. When you do post logs I'll be happy to take a quick look... but unless the problem is obvious you may need to do most of the investigation yourself. Custom data grabber install, Server 2012... In the nicest possible way: these are not standard and we don't provide support for them.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @DragonQ, I think I'd prefer it if you started a new thread. Of course the most important thing you're missing is full log files - without them nobody can help you. When you do post logs I'll be happy to take a quick look... but unless the problem is obvious you may need to do most of the investigation yourself. Custom data grabber install, Server 2012... In the nicest possible way: these are not standard and we don't provide support for them.
    Alright I'll make a new thread when I have some info. The log files are pretty obvious: continuity errors in TsWriter. I'm not sure why Windows Server 2012 is considered non-standard since it has the same code base as Windows 8, and presumably TV-Server is at least supposed to work on servers. :p

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and presumably TV-Server is at least supposed to work on servers. :p
    You're confusing "server" with "server". :p
    More seriously, most server versions of Windows don't come with BDA support. Nor are the tuner drivers necessarily tested with those versions of Windows. Like server HDD firmware, server drivers may be optimised for different usage patterns... which aren't necessarily suited to TV Server. In other words, we do have reasons for our support policy. :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmm fair enough but I'm not sure servers have special drivers, at least for home user equipment. I certainly am just using Windows 8 x64 drivers for everything. Anyway, I updated the tuner driver to 9.1.0.0, which officially support Windows 8/Server 2012 (8.1.1.2 didn't), and I've now been watching an encrypted HD channel for an hour without a single continuity error or drop-out. :D

Too early to say for sure but looking good so far. Will try recording next. If everything works out then I might even be able to add my BGT3630 back into the machine and gain a third DVB-S2 tuner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom