Recording does not appear in recordings list - is it possible to play the .ts file? (1 Viewer)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    United States of America United States of America
    My PC encountered a problem last night while recordings were going on. One of these recordings does not appear in the recordings list for MP2 - August 20, 2016 weekly build. The problem was not related to MP2, rather to my having configured compskip even though I am not using it and four instances of comskip running at the same time that overtaxed the PC. The .ts file for the recording appears to be the correct size, and I went into TV Configuration - Recordings - Import, but nothing is there. I do not expect this problem to appear again.

I am wondering if it is possible to navigate to the .ts file for the recording and play that some how. If so, how would I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    The recording is an aaverage video file and for this it can be played with every media player and of course in MP2. If the file did not show up in Recordings most likely the corresponding xml file is missing or corrupt. This did not prevent playing the video but as the xml holds the metadata for this recording it is not recogniced as a recording. You simply can move the file to your video media source, run an reimport and it should appear in Videos and you can play it from there.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Thanks.

At some later point, the recordings appeared. I don't have an explanation for it.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Country flag
    Not sure this is what you experienced but the Client may not have updated with the server for a while and that could be why they didn't show right away.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Yes, I figured out that is what I experienced.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    N [confirm] Calling RemoveScheduleForProgramAsync does not stop the recording if it is currently in progress MediaPortal 2 1
    N [Finished] [MP2-806] Playing a recorded radio program does not show screen to allow skipping forward, etc MediaPortal 2 141
    N [confirm] Playing a recording, then pressing stop does not leave cursor on the recording MediaPortal 2 21
    1gkar LiveTV Records Causing 100% Drive Activity Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 9
    toricred Recordings Change : to _ in Series Name General 0
    P Recording films that have an "intermission" General 3
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    toricred Only Show Actual Recordings General 1
    ajs How recreate Recording thumbs TV-Server 4
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Tool to display time of next recording MediaPortal 1 0
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    R Correct setting for recordings on shared folder General 0
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    S Shortcuts MP1 My Recorded & TV Guide General 10
    F How to reset tv recordings database General 5
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    X Recording import hängt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    F Recording starts at second time only MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    T TV Recording Schedule General 2
    T Unwanted recording Newcomers Forum 18
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2