Recording does not appear in recordings list - is it possible to play the .ts file? (1 Viewer)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My PC encountered a problem last night while recordings were going on. One of these recordings does not appear in the recordings list for MP2 - August 20, 2016 weekly build. The problem was not related to MP2, rather to my having configured compskip even though I am not using it and four instances of comskip running at the same time that overtaxed the PC. The .ts file for the recording appears to be the correct size, and I went into TV Configuration - Recordings - Import, but nothing is there. I do not expect this problem to appear again.

I am wondering if it is possible to navigate to the .ts file for the recording and play that some how. If so, how would I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The recording is an aaverage video file and for this it can be played with every media player and of course in MP2. If the file did not show up in Recordings most likely the corresponding xml file is missing or corrupt. This did not prevent playing the video but as the xml holds the metadata for this recording it is not recogniced as a recording. You simply can move the file to your video media source, run an reimport and it should appear in Videos and you can play it from there.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks.

At some later point, the recordings appeared. I don't have an explanation for it.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Yes, I figured out that is what I experienced.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom