Recording does not appear in recordings list - is it possible to play the .ts file?

Discussion in 'General' started by wiyosaya, October 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wiyosaya
    • Premium Supporter

wiyosaya MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    My PC encountered a problem last night while recordings were going on. One of these recordings does not appear in the recordings list for MP2 - August 20, 2016 weekly build. The problem was not related to MP2, rather to my having configured compskip even though I am not using it and four instances of comskip running at the same time that overtaxed the PC. The .ts file for the recording appears to be the correct size, and I went into TV Configuration - Recordings - Import, but nothing is there. I do not expect this problem to appear again.

I am wondering if it is possible to navigate to the .ts file for the recording and play that some how. If so, how would I do this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,626 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    The recording is an aaverage video file and for this it can be played with every media player and of course in MP2. If the file did not show up in Recordings most likely the corresponding xml file is missing or corrupt. This did not prevent playing the video but as the xml holds the metadata for this recording it is not recogniced as a recording. You simply can move the file to your video media source, run an reimport and it should appear in Videos and you can play it from there.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. wiyosaya
    • Premium Supporter

wiyosaya MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Thanks.

At some later point, the recordings appeared. I don't have an explanation for it.

5. TLD

TLD Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Not sure this is what you experienced but the Client may not have updated with the server for a while and that could be why they didn't show right away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. wiyosaya
    • Premium Supporter

wiyosaya MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Yes, I figured out that is what I experienced.

Thanks.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!