Recording Option (1 Viewer)

tucholka

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
is there something similar to the "season pass" recording option in media portal like tivo has?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    There are a few things that are kind of close, like "Any time on this channel" etc, but nothing yet that can detect and reject repeated episodes.

tucholka

Portal Member
    April 10, 2007
    Say I wanted to record a show on channel 7 every thursday at 9pm.

What's my best option to achieve this recording schedule?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    in that advanced recording setup I usually use "record every time on this channel". unless the channel plays the same thing (same name in EPG) at a different time it will get recorded every time based on the name (so it works even if the channel moves the program time).

MrWorf

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2006
    Are you sure it works like that? My experience is that if the timeslot is moved around, MP will still record at the same time, ignoring the change in the EPG.

(I use the TV engine 0.2, not server if it makes a difference)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Although I am now using tve3 I will find out as soon as next weeks EPG come out, I were shore I saw that happen before (I would have been using tve2 then). Maybe I were mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

On the assumption you are using an OTA/Cable or Sat tuner then no internet connection is required for live TV recordings. BUT only if you already have Media Portal fully installed and functional. For all practical purposes you will need an internet connection to get Media Portal properly installed on a PC! Yes.
    On the assumption you are using an OTA/Cable or Sat tuner then no internet connection is required for live TV recordings. BUT only...
    is media portal a standalone or is internet connection required for live TV recordings? after scheduling a program will the PC turn...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database changed MariaDB [mptvdb]> SELECT * FROM Server; +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ | idServer | isMaster | hostName | rtspPort | +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ |...
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database...
    Hello everyone, I'm going to need help from the community to resolve a TV server crash issue. I encountered a problem with my...
    Replies
    Views
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    Installation Procedure
    Installation Procedure
    What's the procedure to upgrade to latest version of Media Portal 2? I cannot find any information in the Wiki
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom