Recording problems. No files (1 Viewer)

Mr. Mouse

Portal Member
March 4, 2018
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have installed MediaPortal V.2.1.3 on my Windows 10 computer, and things seemed to work... at first.

When I enter a scheduled recording, the system comes with a popup info, telling me, that a recording has started and the red recording light is blinking.
However when I look for the program just released, there is none in the designated folder. and nothing in the programs folder on my computer.

I hope someone here can tell me what went wrong. I have tried looking for answers in the FAQ and in the forum with no luck. If I missed something, please direct me in right direction.

Thanks

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    We need your log files and the rough time when the mentioned problem happened.

Mr. Mouse

Portal Member
    March 4, 2018
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The problem is there every time I try to record anything. No matter what channel, no matter what time.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-03-04-16.29.09.zip
      623.3 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is there every time I try to record anything. No matter what channel, no matter what time.
    Your logs say:
    SlimTvService: Received notifaction of new recording but could not find a media source. Have you added recordings folder as media source? File: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\manual - DR1 - 2018-03-04.ts
    If you go to your media sources, do you see "recordings" added?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no recordings added under Media Sources.
    Try to add your recording folder manually under sources. Normaly it should be added automatically as far as I know, but I'm not recording by myself and might be wrong.
    As category you can select whatever you want, e.g. "videos".

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A recording folder is defined:
    MediaLibrary: Share watcher not enabled for path {e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///C:/Users/Public/Recorded TV/

However, at least one recording folder in the TV setup appears to point to a directory rather than the above path:
    SlimTvService: RecordingStarted: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\manual - DR1 - 2018-03-04.ts

Update the folder definitions in the TV configuration to use the same path for each tuner. Note that you need to select each of your tuners separately in the dropdown box - or clck on "Same recording folder for all cards".

Mr. Mouse

Portal Member
    March 4, 2018
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry @ge2301 . I think I misunderstood your question. I meant to say, that there is no recordings in the folder. Not that the folder itself is not there.

@HTPCSourcer I am not actually sure where you say I need to change the folder. I have the 4 tuners in the drop down menu in TV Configuration, but I don't see any path that I an change.

Mr. Mouse

Portal Member
    March 4, 2018
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    TV Configuration | Recordings -> tab "Folder"
    Ahh, thanks.

Weirdly though, flipping through the various tuners, they all point to "C:/Users/Public/Recorded TV"

I have found all my recordings in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\", but I don't see anything in the "Recording"-menu, that point to that.

Edit: Hmm, actually "Timeshifting > Folders" does have that path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom