recording sometimes works (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    so far it seems to have solved the problem, is that likely, is it different or does it just have more logging added? I'll keep trying but so far the tests that failed before always seem to work
    I wouldn't have said it was likely, but it is absolutely possible. The TsWriter I gave you does have fixes over 1.1.3, although it quite up to date with 1.2.0b (the 1.2.0b one is not compatible with 1.1.x). If you've turned on the EPG grabbers and been using TV Server for your usual day-to-day use and there are no problems then I would say that the final thing you could do to prove that the problem is resolved is to go back to the old version and see if the problems return...

mm

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    not sure if its related but this morning we turned the TV on (resume from sleep) and it sat a a blank screen. there was very little HDD activity but I'm thinking the CPU was probably 100% because I pressed ctrl+alt+del and it took a long time to come up, even when it did the mouse position only updated about every 40 seconds, I managed to start task manager but as soon as it started everything went back to normal (or more likely everything went back to normal by its self and that allowed task manager to start).

this is still with the debugging file installed but I have seen this plenty of times before.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again mrkaras

So it looks like your system woke at around 7:04:30. And you say the system was frozen for around 10 minutes?
    Well during that time, MediaPortal started up, started the MiniDisplayPlugin and then apparently went to TV home. Not very much there to write home about.
    TV Server on the other hand pretty much went berserk collecting EPG.
    1. 7 Digital (tuner 2 - success)
    2. 7two (tuner 2 - fail)
    3. Nine Digital (tuner 3 - success)
    4. 7 HD Digital (tuner 2 - fail)
    5. GO! (tuner 3 - success)
    6. 7mate (tuner 2 - fail)
    7. GEM (tuner 3 - fail)
    8. Ten Digital (tuner 4 - success)
    9. Eleven (tuner 2 - fail)
    10. ABC 2 (tuner 3 - fail)
    11. SBS One (tuner 4 - success)
    12. 7two (tuner 2 - fail)
    13. GEM (tuner 3 - fail)
    14. One HD (tuner 4 - success)

At that point it is 7:16:39 and there is nothing else in the log. I can't tell if the EPG grabber stopped at that point or that is just where the logs end. As you can see, the SAA716x tuners don't exactly perform well after the resume. I would suggest you disable the EPG grabbers and put the PC to sleep in the same way overnight and see if the same thing happens again... because I can't see anything else happening in the logs.

mm

-------------------------------------------------------
    Edit:

In fact, the name of the zip file tells me that the logs were collected at 7:26, so the timing of the EPG collection does seem to coincide with the freezing. The application event log reports:

"29/06/2011 7:22:41 AM";"Windows Error Reporting";"(0)";"Information";"Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: x64 P2: USB\VID_047D&PID_1013&REV_0111 P3: 6.1.0.0 P4: 0409 P5: input.inf P6: * P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: These files may be available here: C:\Users\TV\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_x64_4fcc76dcd93b9b17105186a4971bbfb9ae3dc3f5_22a863f3 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: c0cb8c28-a1cc-11e0-8eab-0017317aa4f0 Report Status: 4";"1001"

I also note:

29-Jun-2011 07:05:36 Info [ FanartHandlerSetup]: Fanart Handler is starting.
    29-Jun-2011 07:05:36 Info [ FanartHandlerSetup]: Fanart Handler version is 2.1.1.13899
    29-Jun-2011 07:05:36 Info [ FanartHandlerSetup]: Proxy is used.
    29-Jun-2011 07:05:36 Info [ FanartHandlerSetup]: Fanart Handler is using Fanart: True, Album Thumbs: False, Artist Thumbs: False.
    29-Jun-2011 07:05:36 Info [ DatabaseManager]: Successfully Opened Database: FanartHandler.db3
    29-Jun-2011 07:05:36 Info [ DatabaseManager]: Database version is verified: FanartHandler.db3
    29-Jun-2011 07:05:36 Info [ FanartHandlerSetup]: Fanart Handler is started.
    29-Jun-2011 07:06:36 Info [ DirectoryWorker]: Refreshing local fanart is starting.
    29-Jun-2011 07:06:36 Info [ DirectoryWorker]: Refreshing local fanart is done.
    29-Jun-2011 07:15:59 Info [ FanartHandlerSetup]: Fanart Handler is stopped.

I've never used the Fanart handler so I don't know how "heavy" on CPU/HDD it is. You could try disabling that plugin overnight too I guess...

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I've reduced the frequency of the EPG grabbing, it as 10 minuit timeout its now about 30 min, is that 30min of inactivity? anyway I were hoping that would help with things going crazy a bit.

tonight I went to turn the TV off after watching a DVD (no tuners needed for that) and realized that the recording scheduled had not started at all. this appears to be my original problem, and I still have the debugging file in there so maybe you can see what you need from these logs.

after I collected these logs I tried selecting the chanel in the TV guide and the TV turned on no problems, but still did not start recording anything.

there is only 1 program to be recorded (smallville), 3 tuners available (though 2 have 30% signal and the other 100% usually, but 1 should be enough)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mrkaras

Okay, I've looked at your logs and I see the reason for the recording not starting. TV Server seems to spend 10 minutes trying to decide on which tuner it should use for the recording, and at the end of the 10 minutes nothing is done. The recording isn't even attempted. I'm honestly not sure that it is worth my time trying to track down such an issue in the 1.1.3 code because large parts of the scheduling code were rewritten for 1.2.0a and 1.2.0b. Any bug that existed in 1.1.x is unlikely to exist now. Any chance that you could upgrade to 1.2.0b for your testing? It should be stable for your purposes...

A couple of other questions:

1. Do you use a static IP address for your TV Server? I note that the DB seems to be unavailable on startup of the TV Server at around midnight at the end of Saturday/start of Sunday.

2. Following that (1) there was approximately 8 hours (13 MB) worth of mini-display plugin exceptions in the TV Server logs. I don't know why that would be happening because I know nothing about the mini-display plugin, but it doesn't seem good to me.

3. Finally I understand that Australia uses an 125 kHz offset on its frequencies. What area are you in (what tuning file do you scan with) and why does it seem like only some of your tuning details have the 125 kHz offset applied to them? Did you scan frequencies manually at some point?

mm

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I will see what I can do about upgrading, I'll check what plug-ins work and what don't.
    use a dynamic IP but have set my router (DHCP server) to always give that PC the same address, so in effect should be static.
    I am in qld but I most likely used the whole of Australia tuning because choosing qld filters out some stations (at least it did before anyway)

I have just had a look, I use black and white skin with my emulators, online videos and power scheduler++, I don't see anything to say any of them except power scheduler++ will work

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How hard did you look?

Online Videos

Black and White

My Emulators seems to have been dropped by the original developer, but others are picking it up and running with it. You could try the version from -->here<--.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    thats good to see, I looked in the downloads section such as MEDIAPORTAL - Black & White 1080 and found nothing in regards to the new version, sorry I would have thought that would be the place to get them. as it looks like everything I need is available I can give the beta a go, probably not till the week end I don't have that much free time otherwise and this weekend may be busy, I'll see when I get a free few hours.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

thats good to see, I looked in the downloads section such as MEDIAPORTAL - Black & White 1080 and found nothing in regards to the new version, sorry I would have thought that would be the place to get them.
    No need to apologise. :)
    I *think* it is up to the plugin and skin developers to keep those details up to date.

as it looks like everything I need is available I can give the beta a go, probably not till the week end I don't have that much free time otherwise and this weekend may be busy, I'll see when I get a free few hours.
    That would be great. I'll keep an eye out for an update...

mm

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Ok I installed the beta and it seemed to work fine for a while, I still need to get round to doing some deliberate testing but in the mean time I did have it lock up on resume till I killed the task. logs attached.

I also had some other issues probably not core MP related, I suspect the power scheduler may not be turning the machine off all the time but as I'm using power scheduler++ I'll look into it and report there if theres a problem, it may be related to EPG grabing? perhaps i have it set not to turn off during garbing? but I don't thing that should account for all of it, anyway if you see anything related let me know. and also I found the skin doesn't support my emulators, defiantly a skin problem and not breaking anything so not your problem, just one of the reasons I'm very hesetent to upgrade MP (I got it working fine in the previous version)

see what you can see anyway, is the lockup the same thing as before?

Actualy I just had a look and can see what the problem would be, I chose the wrong VFD settings to the whole system freezes sometimes

Also, I just found, I tried to setup my VFD bu using this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...minidisplay-driver-mediaportal-1-1-3-a-95616/ but some items cannot be used, if you select some items (even with the original files) the OK button gets disabled in the minidisplay plugin config

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom