Recording starts at second time only (1 Viewer)

Fab55

Portal Pro
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

hope somebody can help.
I changed two things at once:
1. Upgraded from Mediaportal 1.23 to 1.24
2. Upgraded from HD-TV connected via VGA to 4K-TV connected via HDMI.

In the past I got the sound directly from the PC, now it goes through HDMI to TV.

My problem:
Every time after standby, when I start a recording, I see a black picture for about 2 sec. (with no sound), then it goes back in tv recordings screen.
When start the recording the second time, it runs normally. When I start another recording after that, it runs normally.

This behaviour is new. I know, changing 2 things at one time is always not an good idea.
But does anybody know something about this problem?

By the way, the automatic refersh rate change is still switched off...
Used renderer is EVR. Filters are LAV filters.

Thanks and best regards
Fab55

Fab55

Portal Pro
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi CyberSimian,

unfortunately this setting does not fix the issue.
I tried with Mediaportal 2 - here everything is fine. But I cannot use Mediaportal 2, because the OSD is not usable for me - hope it will be at some time as good as Mediaportal 1.

Any other ideas?

Thanks and best regards
Fabian

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    unfortunately this setting does not fix the issue ... Any other ideas?
    The sleep/wake cycle (or hibernate/wake cycle) can be quite difficult for some applications to handle correctly. This is why I never leave MP running when I hibernate my system -- I always close MP and exit to the Windows desktop.

Remember that if you use an MCE remote control, you can easily start MP from the desktop by pressing the "Green Marble" button on the remote control, so there is no great inconvenience in closing MP before sleeping your system (you simply need to remember to do it).

So, as a test I would suggest exiting MP to the desktop before sleeping your system. If this solves your problem, it provides an extra piece of information that may point to the source of the problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What exactly is the issue here?
    Hi, the problem is, that when I skip forward (+5min etc) I cannot see the progress bar. So I have no idea, how many minutes remaining. Also it is nice to see the clock during this process - Mediaportal 1 shows it very nicely.

Best regards
    Fab55

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ CyberSimian:
    I disabled the "Stop audio renderer" configuration, rebooted and now, it seems to be working.

Thanks and best regards
    Fab55

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom