recording tv just stopped :( HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

fishynz

Portal Member
April 27, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@fishynz
Could you please post your log files so we can confirm you do in fact have the same issue.
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Logs uploaded. Issue definitely occurred with recording started 11 May at 8.23pm. Usually end up rebooting or killing TV Service to stop the recording the next morning.

I did try disabling recording with just XMLTv plugin enabled and just PowerScheduler enabled and in both cases the problem still seemed to occur. When I disabled both it seemed OK, but I will try and retest that to confirm.

Jef_uk

Portal Member
December 9, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My system has stopped recording also, last recording was the on 9/05/14 Shall I create a separate thread?

It does watch live TV and think its going to do a recording. But nothing gets to the disk.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Shall I create a separate thread?
    No thanks - this one is fine.

Thanks for posting the log files... but unfortunately they're of no use to me. What you've posted are the MediaPortal log files, which have absolutely no bearing on recording. The TV Server log files are the ones we need.

Jef_uk

Portal Member
    December 9, 2012
    Home Country
    I may have stumbled across the reason for my stop.
    I have F-Secure and I have disabled Deep Guard, which had been on for a few days the system also got bounced.

Its a single system install but these are from the correct folder.

Jef_uk

Portal Member
    December 9, 2012
    Home Country
    No It's still broken. It will only record if its open in full screen mode.
    Any ideas?

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    i never got to the bottom of this and have had no tv recordings for a year :( by any chance does everybody that is having the same problem remote desktop onto there media pc? could this be the problem as ive found that it is with one other program on the pc

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi @toplad, have you read my posts in this thread on how I managed to resolve my issue with recording here? Hopefully this may shed some light on your specific issue.

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    hey,

the thing is i dont have any of the 3 plugins you mentioned listed, any ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    any ideas?
    Short of doing exactly what JJDoherty did - ie. getting the MP code, waiting for the problem to occur, then attaching a debugger to see where the lock is - no. I'm still stumped and not able to reproduce this problem.

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok shall i upload my log again to see if anyone can help me resolve this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom