Recording two sequential shows cuts first show (1 Viewer)

Waltz

Portal Pro
December 14, 2004
Kiel, Germany
Well, I don't think there is a perfect solution for this problem. But I think everyone could live with a five-second-delay between the two shows or something like this, or even one big file with both shows in it. As long as we are able to watch both shows, it'll be fine.
That should be possible...

Anyone with programming skills around?

- Waltz

Waltz

Portal Pro
December 14, 2004
Kiel, Germany
Any news about this?
As far as I know, nothing has changed in this case. But something has to be done because recording two sequential shows with MediaPortal is next to impossible right now...

- Waltz

arkay

Portal Member
June 20, 2006
Would it be possible to make it configurable? So us Aussies for instance could select "For back to back recordings use a single tuner, record all shows to a single file, and apply pre/post padding to the entire recording". I have mine set to start 5 mins early and finish 15 mins late. So for two back to back 1 hour shows I'd get a single 2hr 20min recording with the shows name containing both titles. I could then split them up later if I wanted to archive.

For those that have accurate guide data and networks that stay on time you could have another option "Use 1 tuner per recording, apply post/pre pad to every recording". (Which could be default behaviour).

At present I run 3 tuners in my machine to allow for overlaps in scheduling. This wouldn't be necessary with this feature.

You could even apply these settings on a per channel basis as some channels are better at keeping on time than others.

It'd be nice to see all this rolled into the channel configuration, that way you could also have a different filter graph dependant on the station (so we could use purevideo on the stations that work well with it, and PowerDVD on the others). That'd be fantastic. In the config you'd just set defaults but then you'd have the ability to override defaults on any given channel (for both filters and recording characteristics).

Cheers,

Arkay.

Waltz

Portal Pro
December 14, 2004
Kiel, Germany
Sounds good to me!
Everything would be better than how it works now. Just recorded three shows in a row yesterday and now I'm missing about one minute from all of them...

- Waltz

Waltz

Portal Pro
December 14, 2004
Kiel, Germany
Maybe we should get some developer's attention for this? :)
What's the best way, IRC?

I really think this is the main problem when you replace your good old VCR with a MediaPortal system.

- Waltz

Quotacious

Portal Member
October 20, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
This is still occurring. Is this something that the new TVengine will be able to take care of, and is thus why it hasn't been changed? :)

Waltz

Portal Pro
December 14, 2004
Kiel, Germany
Well, we have the new TV engine now. So maybe it's possible to record a program into two different files, and this would solve our problem with two shows in a row.
Any news about this?

- Waltz

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Try latest SVN. Make sure that automatic back to back recordings is enabled.

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Sounds great! Thank you very much, Mr Hipp! :)

I'm afraid I can't test this right now since my HTCP is about 700 kilometres away, but I will try it as soon as I can.
    What exactly happens when you activate "back to back recordings", and will this be the default setting?

- Waltz

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't know if this will be the default setting. It depends if people will like it.
    Anyway it will set pre record / post record to zero within a recording block. I think it's easier if you try it out by scheduling two or more shows in a row on the same channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom