Recordings in Subfolders with Multi-seat (UNC Streaming mode) dont play on client (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,
The subject of the topic doesn't say it's a bug... Is it one or not?
I currently run 1.6 and would like to go to 1.9, but I do record a lot and I'm therefore interrested to know if I shall wait for a fix.

Thanks in advance,
Felix

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Felix,

It seems to be a bug for one user for sure, i can't reproduce it on my side. :)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I currently run 1.6 and would like to go to 1.9, but I do record a lot and I'm therefore interrested to know if I shall wait for a fix.

You may upgrade to 1.9 because the bug related to UNC path in multi seat mode which is not a default setting.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I can not reproduce it.

Local path on Tv Server c:\Teszt\Recorded TV\M2 HD\Amika\
    Shared as \\nas\Recorded TV

On client:
    [2014-10-20 21:05:00,016] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.OnStarted() \\nas2\Recorded TV\M2 HD\Amika\Amika - M2 HD - 2014-09-16 - 12_25_1.ts media:Recording

What is the different between your and my setup?

Last edited:

gavo

Portal Member
    July 27, 2008
    I can not reproduce it.
    What is the different between your and my setup?

Good question :) I see in your system specs you are running 1.8.0 custom build - I assume you did this testing on 1.9?

I'm running 1.9 on Win 7 Pro 64 bit (both server and clients).

Actually, I just noticed that the physical directory that is shared and the name it is shared under are the same in your example (and in Sebastiii's who also cant reproduce it). Mine differs. I'm not sure how/if this could be contributing but will test it out later on by changing the name of the share to match the name of the directory being shared.

ie currently the physical path is E:\Media\RecordedTV which is shared as \\homeserver\RecTV. I will change the share to \\homeserver\RecordedTV - I'd be surprised if it makes a difference but its worth a shot at this point I guess :)

Cheers,

gavo

Portal Member
    July 27, 2008
    Actually, I just noticed that the physical directory that is shared and the name it is shared under are the same in your example (and in Sebastiii's who also cant reproduce it). Mine differs. I'm not sure how/if this could be contributing but will test it out later on by changing the name of the share to match the name of the directory being shared.

ie currently the physical path is E:\Media\RecordedTV which is shared as \\homeserver\RecTV. I will change the share to \\homeserver\RecordedTV - I'd be surprised if it makes a difference but its worth a shot at this point I guess :)

Cheers,

And as simple as changing the Recorded TV share name to match the physical directory name of the folder being shared (as above), it now works!

Would someone else be able to test this on their rig to verify?

Interestingly (for me anyway), my Live TV share name doesnt match the physical directory name of the Live TV folder and that works fine.

Cheers,

hanpet

February 18, 2013
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have a similar setup as you gavo, and I have (had) the same problem. I'll see if I can find a suitable time to re-configure and verify (I'm recording to E:\ which is shared as \\tv-server\opptak).
    But as a "fix" I've simply dropped the channel name directory-level from the series-recording configuration, and "moved" all existing recordings up one level - e.g. E:\series_name\recording.ts

btw, playing recordings using unc-path has made them much more reliable. Not yet had a playback suddenly drop out to the recordings-menu, as I can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom